Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Day #16

Yesterday was a better day schedule wise for us. Delaney has a crying meltdown and i was able to hold her and affirm her fear and frustrations. We snuggled and she returned cheekie kisses, which always tells me they are feeling safe and loved.  I check in with each child many times a day. Just a quick “how are you feeling?” to a sit down more intimate version, even Christian. I can’t imagine being quarantined to your home with 3 little sisters, mom, and dad is fun for a 22 year old and I often wonder if he wishes his lease hadn’t run out when it did. Staying at home was to be temporary, but now who knows. The world is on hold. I love having him here when he’s not working. He eats with us and reads scriptures and prays, it’s so nice to have 4/5 of them home. 

Frankie’s primary teacher had a virtual dance party with the kids where they all sent videos of themselves dancing. Lydia is so sweet and her video brought us so much joy. She has dwarfism and a long list of health problems, she is in severe pain every single day, and yet she is the happiest, most full of light person you’ll ever meet. After we watched her cute video a few times we talked about Lydia and her life. Perspective is always a good thing. And since you can’t really tell, this is Frankie mid-floss. This was actually when I thought I was recording, but actually was taking pictures. 😂

Delaney’s teacher sent a message about their primary class on Saturday, and after she asked about it Monday and D threw me under the bus, I remembered to show her. She took a long time to compose this response. My little homebody. 

2 close friends got awful news today and really this is hard. in spite of daily yoga, my shoulders and back are tight and painful most of the time. I listened to a podcast about the body while I ran and it talked about how we are all experiencing fight or flight right now, only we really can’t do either, so that can be detrimental to our health. I always experience stress in my shoulders and back and know this is why. Incidentally, my neck doesn’t hurt when i run. 🤷‍♀️ We are eating v healthy since we have time to make food and getting lots of exercise, but I think I can probably be more mindful and try to let things go. I just hate seeing people hurting and lonely and scared. 

No comments: