Sunday, April 26, 2020

Niagara - part 6

I got up early and went for a run in Canada. My first, and only Canadian run! I know it’s not that far, but i love traveling so much and i kept looking around thinking i can’t believe I’m in Canada!

I had a nice run and then met up with the gang back at the hotel for brekkie. They gave us a credit for Denny’s and it was fun and delicious. We don’t go out to eat at restaurants very often, so it’s always a treat. And it’s always fun to see different options as we travel. 

We let the girls swim while we planned our day. 

It was a cute hotel and fun pool. 

And the girls were so happy and getting along so well. 

We didn’t have a ton of time to swim because we decided we wanted to swim in one of the Great Lakes. I can’t remember which one, it feels like it’s not the obvious choice of Ontario, but I can’t remember and I don’t care. 

I think we even let the girls stay in their swimsuits. It was warm and we were headed to a beach anyway. 

We had a few failed attempts to find a place to swim, but finally ended up at Crystal Beach. 

It was a cute, small beach and only a few other people there. 

But take a looksie at what I spy with my little eye. A lighthouse!!! So many surprise lights on this trip, made me so happy! I believe it’s the Point Abino lighthouse of Ontario. 

There she is!

And an up close look. I wish we had had time to explore her!
Frankie and Addie mostly wanted to swim, so Matt took them out. 



That left me with this little bug, even though I wanted to swim too. 

I made the most of it and started searching for treasures. And guess what? I found more big pieces of sea glass than I’ve probably found my whole life. It was like sea glass beach! The lady there renting surfboards said people come there to collect and make jewelry and other trinkets. It was soooo cool!

D was in heaven. She absolutely loves digging in mud and dirt. 

We had to make it home this day, so we didn’t have a lot of time. We did some exploring.and then it was time to head back. 

Cutest litttle beach!

At some point we also went to a grocery store to look around, because I love food and I love to see regional food, especially foreign. I think that was before the beach. And then heading home, another surprise light! The Buffalo Intake Crib Lighthouse. She looks like she needs some loving. 

And another in Buffalo. This one is the Buffalo Main Lighthouse. She’s a cutie and I’m all in. 

All that play made for a sleepy bug. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

She’s so tan! And happy, I swear. 

And a blurry Addie. ๐Ÿคท‍♀️

It was a beautiful drive home. I really loved driving through parts of NY I hadn’t seen before. We made sub sandwiches and ate at a beautiful country gas station, it was so quaint. The day after we got hone, Addie checked out her loot. She picked up a lot of brown glass that I didn’t, but it still counts. 

#happiest





No comments: