Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Day #36 and #37

Yesterday was bad. Today was good. These are how the days go now. it wasn’t all bad yesterday, just not the best. 

We’re working on bed wetting. We bought a bed wetting helper and we’re going for it, but that means waking up in the middle of the night, which is hard anytime, but when sleep is wonky due to global pandemics, is extra difficult. But also the perfect time because we can, in theory, also nap. So after waking up and changing sheets at 2am, I didn’t manage back to sleep till 4. And I had stayed up till 12:30 thinking I could catch the first wet before I went to sleep, so it was just a mess all around. 

Anyways, yesterday got off to a late start and went downhill for awhile. We had a good talk on our way to pick up our lunches. We talked about being quick to ask forgiveness and quick to forgive. We’re all a little more tightly strung these days, and we talked about the ways this is manifesting for each of us. This convo really struck a chord with the girls and they referenced it several times throughout the day. Securely back on track, we enjoyed our fun new school lunches of cheese sticks and tater tots. 

She wasn’t grumpy, just a fun picture subject. 🤷‍♀️

I went to put some clothes away in our closet and my eye caught these old jean alexis and i decorated in 2005. I can’t remember why I had them in my closet, but I gave a mouse a  muffin and allowed myself to get distracted and try them on. I had to lay down to zip and button them, but they went on. 😂 Lex and I each  puff painted a pair of jeans and made flowers and other designs, and on the back pocket we signed and dated them - 7-15-2005. 

Monday’s are tough because we have tutoring, school stuff, and then piano, so it’s all day. Again, I’m not exactly sure why everything takes so long, but it really does. 

I went for an early evening run before the sun went down because it was my first chance all day - on account of waking up late because I hadn’t slept well. D loves playing by herself outside, she always has. 

We read King Benjamin’s words in Mosiah 4 last night and it was a perfect scripture for our day. We talked about living peaceably with each other, repenting, and experiencing exceedingly great joy, to love one another and serve one another. It was a perfect addition to all of our family talks all day. It’s all about grace right now - for ourselves and each other. 

Last night got 100 times better with a fun catch up and game sesh with the MD besties. It was SO good to catch up and talk about how weird life is right now and be silly and play together. I was so tired and got teased for zoning off once (the bed wetting!), but it was so fun and totally worth it. 

Today’s been a good day. Sleep was off again and I slept till almost 10, but we got right to work and worked happily. 

Addie had the idea to pick up lunch from a different school today. Just a little excitement in the groundhog days of our lives. We went to Margaret Brent and they are way busier than our little school. We are still listening to 39 Clues, and our rides are interesting and peaceful. D was the lunch grabber today, and then they excitedly examined their loot. Addie quickly texted Ainas to compare lunches, and much to our dismay we discovered we missed out on Chick-fil-A cookies at Leonardtown. Not that the girls need cookies, but still. 

It was another fun lunch of mini corn dogs and French fries that everyone helped “make.”

I read a few more chapters of Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites and we met Teancum which was very exciting and made me tear up a bit. Oh, these Book of Mormon hero’s I can’t wait to meet someday! The girls beg for more chapters, it’s so fun to read. But there was work to be done, so  back to the grind we went. 

After school stuff the girls set up their Nephite tents complete with Nerf gun bow and arrows. 

I roasted more Parmesan veggies and they were so pretty and colorful. And delicious. Produce update, I was sad to throw away 3 nectarines that I somehow forgot and didn’t realize they’d gone too soft. Everything else has been or will be eaten soon. 

The kids got to spend some time on Houseparty. Not sure how Frankie managed to hang out with addies friends. I was making calls and missed how all of that went down, but no one seemed too upset about it. 🤷‍♀️

It’s national librarian day, so we sent uncle Dan a rad video. 

And it’s also chocolate covered cashew day, so we had to. We made 1/4 batch and did some math too. 

Topped off the day with a Zoom presidency meeting. We’ve got some good ideas and plans for moving forward and it’s always good to regroup, strengthen each other, and move forward with faith. We got this. 

No comments: