Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Day #44

Another grey and cold day. But excitingly we saw some action at the old and new libraries. They are moving books over, and we are excited.

We picked up lunch and dropped some off at Ainas. And also, because the girls got Salisbury steaks, dropped some off for my dad. 

After lunch our fun crew made a TikTok video (not to actually be posted to TikTok) to the song Something New. Everyone, even Bubba, was into it, except Addie, but then after practicing a few times, she reluctantly agreed to join the fun. Screenshotted myself looking a fool dancing in my rad lighthouse sweater. 

We had our RS Zoom additional meeting and it was so great. We had 15 sisters and lots of participation. We talked about family history. 

Working on positivity, here is a list of the best side effects of our quarantine. . 

1.) Sleeping in/staying up late/naps - basically the whole sleep thing. This can also be seen as a negative as just about everyone I know has had their sleep disrupted at some point. But we’re accentuating the positive here. 

2.) Time to run. scheduling exercise is hard. It’s got to be between events because ain't no one got time to do their hair/makeup twice in one day, plus all the laundry. Now that I’m not going anywhere, I’m washing my hair even less, (it’s a curly girl thing, don’t judge) not wearing any makeup (I do occasionally put on blush, lipgloss, and/or mascara when I look dead), and generally not wearing bras or pants with zippers. I’m up to 6.6 miles and that makes me so happy. 

3.) Organizing, rotating, and eating all the food. Our freezers, pantry, and food storage are getting gone through and it makes me insanely happy. 

4.) Tutoring time with Frankie. I have been super negligent tutoring her the past year, but now she’s getting 45 minutes 6 days a week, and she’s making great progress. 

5.) Connecting with far away family. I haven’t spoken to my sibs (minus Amy) and Matt’s sibs so much in forever. All the family Zoom’ing and House Party’ing have been so great. We love our families and it’s hard to be so far away, but this quarantine is bringing us together and that’s been amazing. 

6.) Working with girls on life stuff. Addie is cooking more than ever. They are all writing in journals regularly. They’ve been hand sewing and looming on their own. A certain daughter had been dry 3 nights in a row. We’re working on goals. I’ve wanted to work on these things forever, but just never made the time, but now we do. Score. 

7.) Games, puzzles, and movies. All of them are happening with much greater frequency and I’m for it. 

8.) This probably goes along with #3, but I have been enjoying cooking creatively. Planning recipes using our random ingredients has been fun and rewarding, and mostly delicious. 

9.) Time at home. I love being home. I mean, love, love. I like the memes that say something like -“our grandparents (and parents) were called to war to save their country. We are being called to sit on the couch.” Life could be worse. 

10.) All of the cool things that people have been producing. From SGN, to dance challenges (like the one we participated in today), to cool art projects, to celebs reading, singing, teaching, to songs being shared, it has been SO fun to see all of the creativity and generosity being shared. watching them brings me to tears on the reg and I’m so thankful to live in such an amazingly innovative time. 


No comments: