Sunday, April 19, 2020

Day #34 and #35

It’s been a wonderful weekend. Honestly, it was so nice not to manage school stuff. So silly as it’s not that hard, but it was a relief. 

We:
  • played Scrabble (D won with a a little help and a last minute two word score of 26, narrowly beating Matt)
  • Participated in a 7 year olds Zoom birthday party
  • Made bread
  • Watched Wreck it Ralph
  • Did an awesome HIIT
  • Napped

Today we had a lovely adult Sunday School and super fun Youth Sunday School. After, we got out the girls big doodle poster and the girls colored while I took it back old school by starting reading Tennis Shoes among the Nephites to the gang. Delaney had her nose out of joint and “hated” the book and wanted to go to her room. We gently insisted she stay and she huffed around. It took 4 chapters until she started asking questions and showing interest. I rubbed her back and she finally admitted she was starting to like the book. Parenting win. 

I have to admit i was dreading ward council today. We’ve had 2 weeks off with GC and Easter, and I’m struggling to feel inspired in my calling. How do you help people when you can’t go anywhere and you are working hard to get by yourself? It’s hard to do more than just say “yes, this is hard, we’ve just got to give each other grace.” I’ve had a few good moments over the last few days that I was able to do hard things that I was really putting off, and I am clinging to the small victories. And my meetings today were so good, so I dreaded them for nothing. Zoom is feeling less awkward and we were able to come up with some good plans for going forward. Meeting #2 started rocky and ended well too, so hooray and hallelujah. 

While I zoom’ed, Matt pocked up plants and seeds from the Tripp’s in Mechanicsville and made some delivery's. They were still gone when I finished so I got to make dinner in a quiet house. That’s a first in a long time! I scrapped together a phyllo ham and cheese concoction that got rave reviews. Another win. 

Also, while I Zoom’ed, dad stopped by and hung out solo on the porch for awhile because there was no one for him to play with. We need to coordinate better. A loss. 

After dinner we walked to deliver dinner to my dad, and ended up chatting with Aina’s for over an hour. Dad finally came out to get his dinner because I got distracted. The girls tried to social distance, they really did. They’re just not very good at it. 🤷‍♀️ and d basically lives in jams these days. A win?

Matt and I even got a walk in after we got the girls down. It’s been a great 2 days. Win, win. 

No comments: