Thursday, April 23, 2020

Random things

I wrote these right after I read Alecia’s fun blog post, but then I sat on it for awhile because maybe I wrote dumb things? Maybe I reveal too much? Maybe I should think of better randoms? But I’m up in the middle of the night and listening to Jen Hatmaker’s new book and both make me brave, so here we are. 
  • I hate having only one extremity wet. One hand or foot drives me nuts. 
  • I love food. I think about it all the time. I like to plan what I’m eating, and even when I’m eating I’m thinking about what to eat next. Foooood. 
  • I can’t think of any one embarrassing moment, but tons of little ones. I try to help people be at ease and so sometimes I talk a lot, and sometimes I share more than i should and say embarrassing things. 🤷‍♀️
  • I both love and hate routines. Sometimes I really love waking up early, but it’s definitely easier to stay up late. I like knowing what I’m doing and also hate being stuck doing the same thing all the time. #spaz
  • I love naps. A quick nap - and i do not discriminate on the timing, mid morning, afternoon, or evening - and I’m a whole new lady, but I almost always fight feeling guilty about it. 
  • I would be an awful Judge. I always feel bad for people that make bad choices. I think how sad it would be to have done something awful in a moment of desperation or anger or stupidity. I just want to make everyone make good choices. Who does that sound like? 😬
  • Sweeping is my least fav household job. A: Brooms are gross (we sweep up bugs sometimes). B: It feels like I could sweep 10 times and always pick things up. C: There are so many chairs and tables and things to move. D: It always needs to be done. 
  • I have always loved watching people playing piano and always wanted to play. It’s been a goal pretty much forever.  
  • I love watching people fall down, but only if they don’t get hurt. A good tripping montage can pull me out of the worst moods. 
  • I love massages. If I was rich i would get a massage every day. It doesn’t matter how angry I am, I will never shew away a shoulder rub. 
  • I’m so spazzy that I don’t feel like i have any real passions. I don’t know what I’d like to do because there are so many things I like, but none I really like. 
  • I love using things up. Finishing off a bottle of shampoo or condiment in the fridge is so exhilarating. 
  • I love saving money, and also spending money. Couponing is super fun, but I’m not afraid to pay for a nice pedi or splurge on a date. That’s why I am thrifty in other ways. 
  • I fight lots of really dumb anxieties near daily and am pretty sure I’ll end up taking medication for it in the future. Convincing myself it will be ok. 
  • I talk to myself all the time. I can regularly be heard telling myself “it’s ok, shell, you can do this, you got this,” or Laney’s favorite “you’re safe, you’re ok.” I’m a good self pep talker cause I do lots of hard thing - don’t we all. 
  • I have always loved the beach. There is something so magical about being around the water. Whenever I visit a coastal town I want to spend as much time as I can by the water. Just thinking about it makes me happy. 

2 comments:

Alecia said...

And your favorite word is moist! 🙂 ya is for being brave and sharing. I have never felt like you over share, in fact I would say the opposite! Love ya!

The Ainas said...

I have mine sitting in a draft too! 😂 maybe I’ll post mine as well!