Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Day #15

If i had to use one word to describe life right now it would be weird. Everything feels strange. We’ve got more time, even though sometimes it doesn’t feel like it, we really do. But I personally don’t have the energy/mental capacity/mind over matter to get things done right now. My mind is jumbled and going in a million different directions. Everyone is getting along. We’re all healthy and generally happy. I’m okay. I feel an underlying peace. And also, scattered and grasping for normalcy. But life is fairly normal at home. And not at all, all at the same time. It’s just weird. 

Gov. Hogan announced a shelter in place order that started at 8pm yesterday. That doesn’t change much of anything for us, as we have been following the guidelines for over two weeks, except that now we can’t collect shark teeth or have a picnic at the park, or go walk St. Mary’s Lake. At least I think we can’t? We can still walk in our neighborhood and I think we can still ride and play in the school parking lot? Chris will still work and Matt and I will still work from home. 

Delaney has done this butterfly puzzle at least 5 times. And it makes her happy and that is great. 

This is a beautiful sight. A Navy hospital ship showing up to bring some relief to NY. It’s for non COVID-19 use only. I wonder if women will give birth on the ship? It would be such a hard time to be preparing to deliver a baby. Pretty sure I’d be doing a home birth if I was delivering soon. This has been on my mind a lot as we have 2 sweet sisters in the ward preparing to deliver in the next few weeks and I am praying to know how to minister to them. This is hard. And also, we can do hard things. 

We played Name that State and Scrabble and not our new Sushi Go game yet. We ate leftovers and subs at 8pm. I had to have a talking to with the girls. Part of our problem, (my problem?) is that everyone is moving so very slowly. I wanted to run yesterday morning, but I decided to wait until the girls were up and ready so we could take the hoverboard to the school. I tutored 10-11, then everyone sloooowly got ready and we picked up lunch from the school. Then everyone slooooowly ate and sloooowly got ready to go play at the school. It just feels like everyone is in molasses and then we get nothing done. and then we’re eating dinner at 8pm. I know I drive the train but I am having trouble because of scrambled brain. And none of this is terrible and I’m not complaining. Word vomit blog, maybe? SEE WHAT I MEAN, WEIRD?

I love Jen Hatmaker. Yesterday morning she shared an inspirational video, a real “we can do this!” grace filled pep talk. And by 5pm she was sitting alone in her bathtub near tears. I relate to that. These are wild times. 

Do you know what’s not weird or hard, but is definitely wild? This guy!

He’s crawling and pulling himself up on things and, like in this screenshot from a video where he’d just done both those things, he’s so proud of himself. We were supposed to see him this week for Josh and Michelle’s wedding, but life is sideways and who knows when we’ll see him again. We miss him and are so grateful for FaceTime and all the videos Lu sends. 

So our Utah trip that we were leaving for tomorrow is cancelled. Our Italy trip is officially postponed. Hopefully we’ll be able to go next year. 

General conference is this week and I have never been more excited. And thus ends the weirdest blog post ever. 

No comments: