Monday, April 27, 2020

Day #43

Matt had to go into work today. It wouldn’t have been an a big deal, except when we got in the truck to pick up lunch, it wouldn’t start. We’ve never had as many car problems as we’ve had the past few months. Matt thinks it sounds like the starter, which is what Toyota just recently foxed, so that’s what I’m hoping and that they’ll fix their mistake for free. 🤞🏼 It was kind of sad not to be leaving on a lunch adventure though. I texted Sarah and they were able to pick up lunch for my girls so we could at least have the excitement of a new lunch. We sat down to lunch and Frankie says “The Aina’s are so kind.” She’s just grateful I’m not making her eat any weird food for lunch. Not really, the girls have been pretty good eaters. 

After lunch Frankie and Morgan had planned a socially distant roller blade sesh - one on one side of the street, the other across the street. They even stopped by organs for a snack which Morgan put in a doll baby stroller, pushed to Frankie, she took it, and pushed it back. Life is so weird right now. But they’re cute. They ended their blading in our driveway taking turns riding up and down. 

During piano time I made dinner and while Frankie was playing, Addie and Delaney were playing together so nicely with the magnetics, that they all excitedly told Johnna about. I grabbed my phone to take a cute shot of harmony and love. That’s not what i got. Right before I took the pic, Addie had “accidentally” knocked something of Delaney’s down. 

This is a montage. D got mad and came over to knock something of addies down. 

To which Addie responded by finishing off knocking down D’s masterpiece. Oh girls. 🤦‍♀️

We had some delish enchiladas for dinner and then we started a 25 Movies for Kids checklist. First movie, Wonder! Each movie also has an activity to go along with it. For Wonder it’s a kindness checklist that we’ll work on this week. 

On my run tonight I zig zagged through the new library parking lot. This beauty should have been open and it’s so sad to see it all sparkly and beautiful and... closed. When will life be back to normal? Or will it ever? How many layers of open’ness until we feel comfortable going to the library?

In spite of the challenges of today I have felt peaceful. Working on my positive self talk. 

No comments: