Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekend rap up

Today was a nice Sunday. Sometimes Sunday mornings are stressful, but today wasn't. It was good and peaceful. We made zucchini bread, watched Grease videos on YouTube (matts never seen the movie!), and slowly got ready for church. 1:00 church, I love you. 

Brother Jonas spoke in sacrament meeting and it was amazing. He talked about faith and prayer and his experiences in war. He compared how the world we are living in is like a code red war too. the chapel was so quiet, everyone was listening intently, even the kids. It was really powerful. 

Tonight Jodi had the LG families over for desserts to meet the newest LG LDS family, the Eli's. (Sp?) I had to make lex and Chris go. I really talked up meeting the Eli's and how fun it would be. I told them they had to stay at least an hour. After about half an hour they pulled the classic "I have diarrhea, I have to go home" routine. Foolishness, because I remembered that's the one they used last time!

I called them out and made them stay. Then I had to make Christian get off of Asa's tablet. And then we all had a good talk about trek and then watched the video from 2010. The kids all looked so young, it was so crazy and fun to watch! Doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but lex looked like such a short lil' baby with her big ol' glasses.

I think the kids are excited to go. Of course, they can't let on, otherwise the balance of the universe would be thrown off, but I think they are, and I pray they will have powerful spiritual experiences. They really are all in this war zone that brother Jonas talked about, and I pray that they will find peace and safety to strengthen them. I pray that each of the mamas that is stressing and frustrated at having to force their children to do something they really don't want to do will feel the assurance that what we are doing is right, and that we might see a glimmer of hope in these sweet teens when they come home. I mean that too, no sarcasm, they really are good kids living in a turbulent time. I am excited for them to go and I am excited to hear all about it!

And since I didn't take any pics today, one of the sweet frog from when daddy dropped her off at art camp. 
And that's a wrap!

No comments: