Monday, July 14, 2014

The Worst Day of the Year!

my dad sent out a family email on saturday night with an old story he'd found that i had written, probs circa 1987.

after reading it, two things were clear to me. 
1- i have always been an amazing writer. it's no wonder i have this awesome blog following, with mad skills like this.
2 - i come by my flair for drama naturally. some people are just born with it, ya'll.

i'd like to remember this gem for-evah, so here it is, complete with spelling and punctuation errors.
enjoy:

The Adventures of Carrie and Michelle
The Worst Day of the Year!
A True Story.
Written by Michelle Seagrove

Chapter 1 – Starting Out
It was a sunny day in Augsburg, Germany & as Carrie and I woke up that morning we had no idea that it would be the worst day of the year. The other day we had decided that we would go on a volkmarch, so we got up and went downstairs to make our sandwiches. My brother Jeffrey was in the kitchen. When we were putting the peanut butter & jelly away, Jeffrey, who had the glass jelly jar suddenly droped it and the worst part of it was he almost dropped it on Carrie’s foot, it just missed it. So we got our drinks & left. We had decided that for 5 minutes I would pull her in the wagon & then she’d pull me. So we started our journey to the lake.
Chapter 2 – The Grape Juice
As we crossed the bridge for the creck Carrie felt something wet she got up and we found out her grape juice had spilled all over my white short’s wich she had borrowed for the day we decided to keep going.

Chapter 3 – The Wagon
As I pulled her in the midel of the street, suddenly we found out the wagon was broken. So carrie being the bishop’s dater that we should pray so we could get the wagon fixd. So there we were Carrie with grape juice on her shorts & me just hoping we could get the wagon fixd so I wouldn’t get in trouble. We were both praying by the side of the road hoping no cars will come! I guess our prayers did some good because we were able to fix the wagon temperarolly.

Chapter 3 (again, ha) – The Yoghert
Along with our sandwiches we had yoghurt. As we made our way back home we saw a cat we didn’t want our yoghurt, so we dumped some of it on the sidewalk so he could eat it then we crossed the street & wasched as he ate it. Then I tured the corner and there was a hole school of German kids about my age so me of course wanting to show off put Carrie in the wagon and coverd her up with the blanket so no one could see she was as big as all of us. Then I slopped yoghurt all over Carrie’s face like baby food. So we turned the corner I took a napkin and wiped some of Carrie’s face then I pretended to feed her the yoghurt pretending it was baby food. So I started pulling her again I looked over at the school to see if there were any cute boy’s I didn’t pay any attention to were the wagon was going. Suddenly I felt something behind me fall I looked over my sholder & Carrie & the wagon had fallen over!!! She looked so imbarised I felt so sorry for her! There she was standing there with white shorts with grape juice on them & her face had yoghurt all over it she got up trying not to look imberesd meanwhile the hole school was laghing at her. We got up and went home and as it turned out I didn’t get in trouble for the wagon.

The End.
A true story
The Adventures of Carrie and Michelle 

 i responded to the family that it didn't seem like the day was too bad for me, but poor Carrie had it rough! how imbarassing for her.

also, i have absolutely no recollection of any of this, so i don't know how factual it is, despite the "true story" stamped all over it. i mean, i think it's true, otherwise i don't think i'd have written that, but i don't really remember a carrie, or a lake, or a hole group of german schoolchildren laughing at me. fiction or not, it's fabulous, so you're welcome.

No comments: