Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Another summer day

Summer has been pretty sweet. Today we:

*Did laundry
*Picked up brenna
*brenna and the lifeguard took the littles to the pool so I could go through cloths from friends (#ilovehandmedowns) and do more laundry
*had an awesome thunder and hail storm

Much of the day was spent checking weather and trying to decide what to do about our A Days swimming activity. We had a pretty wicked storm, but it passed through quickly and then it was pretty clear, so I decided to try for the pool fun.

 And it was fun! We only had 3 girls, plus my 2 little bigs, but it was really nice. Rob taught them some swimming strokes and the girls did really well with them. After the lessons, Addie went to him and asked him to teach her, then the rest of the time was spent with Addie climbing and swimming all over him. Good thing she's not shy. 

After, we came back to our house for ice cream and a quick lesson on the importance of keeping our bodies healthy through physical activity. I believe our physical, emotional, and spiritual selves are so intertwined that when one is off, the others suffer, at least that's true for me. Love these cute girls. (:
And silly girls. I really love my callings. (:
We've got another storm raging tonight. I love a good summer storm! Tropical storm/possible hurricane Arthur is revving up the southeast right now, getting ready to bear down on the outer banks tomorrow night, and I can't help but think of our family reunion at this time last year, in the outer banks, and how thankful I am that we didn't have a hurricane! And that this one is predicted to stay far away from our little corner of SOMD. 

No comments: