Thursday, July 3, 2014

Double decker DC

For Memorial Day amy and I wanted to do a double decker tour in DC. We thought it would be a really awesome way to see Arlington and the flags. No one else thought so. Matt worried about crowds and the big kids complained. And then I think it rained after all. Or something. There was some reason we decided to push it off. We went a few days later. 

Everyone was posing, then the elevator got there and Chris was all "I'm out!"
The stroller brigade! Everyone had a buddy - the teens loved it. :/
We were teasing Lexi about her cop glasses, so when we saw this police desk we made her get a picture. Hilariousness. 
On the bus!
They just love spending time with the family! Thankfully they didn't actually pout much. 
It was actually not as much fun as we (Amy and I) remember it being. That was probably on account of the 5 5-and-under crowd we took with us. 
It was pretty stressful trying to make sure no one fell out. At least for me. I was having mad anxiety!
"Hold on to her! Don't let her go!" My kids think I'm straight trippin'. 
I love where we live. For our buddy system - Addie was lexi's buddy, Chris had Frankie, Matt had laney, Amy had Quinn, and I got max. 
Everyone enjoyed riding on the top of the double decker. 
Overall, we had a fun day. We packed out lunches and ate on the bus. We rode 3 of the 4 colors. We took the mall route, Arlington route, and Georgetown route, which was fun to see, since we don't go through Georgetown much. 
The kids all did pretty well too. There were no big meltdowns to be had, which is always a sign of success. 
Parking garage antics?
I don't know, but they're pretty cute!
More on DC stops to come!
Baited breath, I know!

No comments: