Friday, July 4, 2014

We've got ourselves an Eagle Scout

The big news of the day is that tonight Christian had his board of review and is now an Eagle Scout. All we have to do is send his binder off to the Boy Scout office in Texas to get another signature and we're good. Yay!!!

He leaves for seabase on Saturday, so we couldn't really have cut it any closer. We are so proud of him. And he is so proud of himself. (: He even wore his scout shirt into chipotle and Walmart, which never happens. A lady at Walmart even stopped and talked to him and she started off the conversation by saying "you aren't embarrassed to wear your scout shirt in here? I'm impressed!" Her son had become an eagle a few months ago and he didn't like to wear his shirt in public. It was nice. 

He kept saying "oh, I'm so glad I'm done! I can't believe I'm an eagle!" And after the ladies conversation, when I commented on him wearing his uniform he said "well yeah, I'm an Eagle Scout now." So cute. (:
Everyone was off today. All the working people - Matt, lex, and Chris. We didn't do much of anything. Matt ran before I got up and then when I got up I decided I should go to. But I really didn't want to. So instead I did some laundry, cleaned up, ate a couple pancakes, talked to Amy. And then before I knew it, it was 11:30. Matt assured me that it was cloudy and not too hot. So I went. And I didn't wear any sunscreen either. 

Someday I hope I won't make the worst decisions ever. It was seriously the worst run I think I've ever been on! It was so hot. It felt like I was in an oven, no joke. It was so hot that my pandora on my phone stopped working. It overheated, and then my run was even worse. I looked at the weather cause I was sure it was 100+. And you know what? 84. With humidity felt like 86. Or something ridiculously not super hot. I almost stopped in at oga's for some water and ac. I had to tell myself that it would be silly to call for a ride home. It was the worst!

Anyhow, I survived my run. Barely. Lexi watched lots of Greys anatomy, Addie had neighbor kaitlyn over for a play date, Laney stayed dry all morning, Matt planned out the lattice for underneath our shed, Chris had brenna over, and Frankie hung out in her swim suit all day. 

Laney chose a book about Jesus for her nap time reading, so after I read a page about Jesus' resurrection I asked her what the angel had said. She answered "um, follow the prophet." It's so precious as these little people start to put the pieces of their little world together.  

At bedtime Addie and laney did my hair. And then Addie had to take 17 pictures of me. 
From the front and back. 
And maybe one of herself. 
We've has more crazy stormy weather. Love us a good summer storm. Except for tomorrow. No rain for tomorrow please and thank you. 

No comments: