Monday, July 7, 2014

Lighthouse iPhone wrap up

I didn't take many iPhone pics of our lighthouse weekend, because all the lights were so far away and I had my big camera. But here are the few I snapped. 

That's new point comfort out there in the distance. You see it, right?
And Newport News middle ground lighthouse from the 664 bridge. 
We parked in a tall parking garage to see the lightship and it was a nice view. At least, I think that's why I took this picture. 'Twas so long ago...
Laura and I posed as lightship workers, cause we're hilarious that way. (:
On the grounds they have a huge fresnel lens on display. We were bummed when we realized the next day that we could have gotten a stamp for this guy in our passports! Oh, the hardships of naive lighthousers!
It was a bummer that that weekend was also the scout 5k fundraiser. This was the one picture I could find that had Christian in it, trying to colorize tony. It was a color run and looked like a lot of fun!
And a few more of these for good measure. 
Such a beauty!
One of the only pics of us together all weekend! It was a very different kind of light housing weekend, but that's ok. You gotta do what you gotta do!
A few weeks after our cruise, I got this letter from James. We had talked about a stamp at one of the California lights I had visited, and he mailed it to me! Such a fun surprise!!! I love the lighthouse community we are getting to know! (:

No comments: