Friday, August 9, 2013

the first guests!


thursday, june 27th brought our first guests!
also, our last day of gymnastics. and this was the only pic i could find that was oriented correctly.
  
and this one of frankie being silly.
(she always takes her hair out!)
 we hurried home because nani, alli, and taylor were super close. we were all so excited that the girls took turns keeping watch at the door. and then... i managed not to take any pictures of them when they arrived. go me!
 i was probably just distracted because that was also the day that my eye started to get itchy and started looking like this.
that's neosporin in it, not gunk. i took this to send to my personal nurses - i have 3 - my brother, sister-in-law, and friend joy. i'm so lucky! instant diagnosis almost any time of day or night. jeff said it didn't look pink eye'ish, so i kept neosporin in it and warm compress, which felt so good on that itchy icky eye!

the next day, friday, i managed not to take any pictures again. hooray again! okay, we did take this one picture.
that is one hot mess! the eye in the smiling picture looks way better than the non smiling one i sent to my nurses that morning, trust me. before our day-o-shopping alli and i hit up the walk-in clinic where we were proven right that i had not only one pink eye, but two. very exciting, given that i had an 8 page shopping list and leaving for a beach reunion the next day.

we had no other choice but to go shopping, so shopping we did! walmart, gas, pick up rx, and then to the commissary for 5 hours. i was very careful not to touch my eye and alli was very careful to remind me that if i did touch my eye i needed hand sanitizer stat.
***not to pat myself on the back or anything, but even with being around 23 other people i managed to keep the conjunctivitis contained to me, myself, and eye ;) 
(i just came up with that one, ha!)

anyhow, like i said, 5 hours, 5 carts, and 8 pages and we were finally done. the commissary didn't know what hit 'em, they were all amazed and said they had never seen anyone buy so many groceries at one time.  that's just the way i roll. we did run by wally again, wendys for sustenance (alli) and then it was h-o-m-e!
we packed up the food and then packed up the cars in the dark. and then we were ready for the beach!!!

1 comment:

Alecia said...

Me, myself and eye....you're hilarious! :)