Sunday, July 16, 2017

Still catching up, and also today

We had such a fun visit with the Finlayson's. More about that to come, but this day was the day they went home. (June 20th to be exact) They flew in and out at pretty much the worst times ever. They flew in at 5:00 Friday evening, and flew home Tuesday morning at 7. So we woke up right around 3:30 to get them there on time. Early morning selfies before they headed into the airport, and away from momma. 

I love this beautiful place we call home. If you zoomed in on this pic, you'd see the Washington monument. I hate waking up for it, but I always love to see the sunrise.

I'd had a whole day planned to swap kids with alecia at the temple, but the night before this, Addie had thrown up. It's always so sad to have to cancel wonderful plans, but what can you do? Since she'd gone to bed so early, Addie greeted me upon my arrival back home. 

Poor lex threw up on our drive there. So terrible to be sick while traveling! I texted to check on them and cade said things were still not great. Thankfully they made it home without too much incident. That is a long travel day!

Later that day... There had been a sale on blueberries, so I decided to make a couple batches of blueberry muffins. Some to eat, some to freeze, and some to share. It called for  big grain sugar on top. I had just bought some, so I went downstairs for it, but then I was pretty sure I had some in with the spices. I did, success! Or so I thought. They were beautiful blueberry muffins, they came out of the pan perfectly and smelled so good! And then... they were covered in salt. Took me about 5 seconds after the first bite  to process what I'd done. A few years ago we made some salt scrub with some fancy pink Himalayan salt, and I had mistaken that for sugar. :/ SO. SAD. 

I am pretty heavy handed when it comes to sugar, or salt as the case may be. I tried to brush it off, but it was no good. All of those beautiful muffins, just wasted. Sad, sad day. 

I don't remember this picture... but I guess we'd gotten over the muffin fiasco? Maybe we were organizing toys? Oh the problems of being a perpetually behind blogger. 

I stole this shot of Lu and amy... somewhere. 

Our first summer movie! The girls loved Pirates of the Caribbean at Disney, so they were super intrigued with this billboard and wanted a pic. 

Hilariousness with the popcorn door. Gotta love D's smile. 

Another one I don't remember... family bike ride maybe?

Rodan and Fields had a "go naked" (without makeup selfie) day and one of my girlfriends challenged me to post one. RF donated to some worthy charity and after my shower I figured, why not. This is it. Still momming hard at 38 years old. 

We've been trucking on our library challenge. We try to be meticulous with it too. I don't let them count a book for more than one challenge and I don't let them count books they read pre-challenge. We take our library challenges seriously. 

Delaney just being Delaney. 😂

One of her teachers mailed her a really nice thank you card for her end of year gift. Delaney felt so special, it was really sweet. She immediately grabbed a piece of paper and wrote out this reply. She copied the name from her card, but the rest was sounding out. She's a genius, for real. 

Today we did some shopping and then hit the pool. I wore one of my birthday presents, my Amazon prime day swimsuit. The girls freaked. I guess I haven't bought a new swimsuit for a few years... Frankie immediately requested a picture. So there ya go. Jacked up hair, don't care. (except I really do) Also, I rock my farmers tan without shame. 

We left the pool at 7 to come home for a movie night. We picked some treats at the store and also rented a red box movie. Only, Frankie asked to see the movie while we were shopping, and against my better judgement, but as I was trying not to always be a 'no' mom, I let her see it. And then, when we went to put the movie into our player, it was nowhere to be found. We're pretty sure Frankie then gave the movie to Delaney, and Laney sat in the cart the whole time, but from there no one knows. Here's to hoping it turns up here (though I'm not super hopeful) or some kind soul turns it back into the redbox machine at the store. 

After some angry words I decided to proceed with the movie and treat night. Someday I will be able to bridle my tongue and curb my anger enough to omit the angry words and go straight to the learning portion of the experience. Addie had suggested we pray, so we did. And then we talked about how I know they didn't mean to lose the movie, but these things happen, so next time the ask for something like to look at the redbox movie at the store, the answer will probs be no. 

We settled on the new Beauty and the Beast and have just now started slowing down on the snacks. Alls well that ends well. 

No comments: