Friday, July 14, 2017

Sky Zone

Frankie's last Daisy prize was to go to Sky Zone. It was all kind of a fiasco, but then it was finally time for instructions, and I thought Delaney standing there with her hands in her pockets was so adorably grown up. Of course I caught her mid blink, but you know. 

We started off pretty rocky. The girls were all bouncing and I was chatting with some of the moms. Then I looked at Delaney and she was jumping, but looked like she was 2 seconds away from crying. And she was. I asked her what was wrong and motioned for her to come to me and she just melted into my arms and started bawling. I could never get out of her what was wrong, but I suspect she got reprimanded and got her feelings hurt. So then she didn't want to jump or do anything for a long time. 

I am learning that I cannot force Delaney to do anything. She doesn't bend to my will or even let me persuade her half the time. I know her strong will is going to be make her a powerful force to be reckoned with when she's holder (I hope for good!) but for right now it can be really hard. I am trying to learn to support her and wait for her to be ready to do her thang. At least in situations like these that don't really matter. 

Anyhow, she finally decided she'd try the obstacle course. Cute little face peeking around. I didn't know if she'd go through with it, but she did!

She loved it!

She'd do the first easy task, and then usually try the second, but she was pretty quick to call it and fall to the mat. 

Then the 3rd obstacle was always the hardest. She thought about having the worker lift her up to try this challenge, but then got down and dropped to the mat. 

She's so cute! And I am proud of her that she got over her bad self and got brave. Move over hokey pokey, that's what it's all about. 

Isn't she so cute and big!

This chic was there too. She loved it and was busy the whole time. 

And the daisy too. 

And another one of the baby. Cause she's the baby. 

Sky Zone is a fun place. I'd like to do a group date night there sometime!

We played for an hour and they were sweaty and ready to roll. 

We stayed as long as we could though. And jumping pictures make faces look funny. 

There's no place like home!

This giant ball of name tags and time slots was pretty fun and the girls didn't waste any time adding theirs. I wonder how big they'll let it get. 

Also, in bonus pictures. one day we got to watch Krystal's little baby Emma. 

She was just about a week old at this point, and only 5 lbs, soooo little!

She was the perfect size for my baby loving girls to hold. And such a sweet baby. I was thinking maybe this is why people wait 5 years between babies, because then they're so much fun to have in the house again. But we'll wait (a few years hopefully!) for grandchildren, thankyouverymuch. 


No comments: