Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Cascade Falls - part 1

I was able to convince cade and lu to come on our first summer adventure with us. 

I've wanted to do the Maryland waterfalls for-ever, so we finally decided to go for it! 

We hiked around and came upon several small waterfalls. 

We hiked and hiked and met up with a family heading back to their cars and asked if there were waterfalls ahead, which there were not, so we headed back to the falls we'd passed. 

They were smallish, but still pretty. 

I'm always grateful when friends come take part in my crazy ideas. 

Addie loves her Semper Fi fund hat. She actually likes to wear it backwards, but I have to keep reminding her that that doesn't help block the sun. 😂

I can't say the newlyweds were thrilled to come, but they did and we were so glad!

Newest family member. 

😍

They insisted I have my own solo picture too. 

She's so crazy. 

We played in the the waterfall pools. 

And sunbathed. 

We could find one each of two pairs of water shoes, so that sucks. 


St. Mary's county is so flat, it was so fun to hike up and around. The girls loved these natural stairs. 

See? Backwards cap. 

Cade built this rock tower and wowed everyone. Seriously, an Asian tourist asked him to take a picture of her with it. What can I say, I've got an amazing son-in-law. 

The other tourists weren't the only ones amazed. The little sistahs loved it too. 


No comments: