Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Turtle Rock Lighthouse

Next stop was Philadelphia's cute little lighthouse. Another thing Matt and I had already done. But it's all good.
This little cutie is now a Womens's rowing club, the Sedgeley Club.
There were lots of people and lots of thing going on down this little row.
so then we got the bright idea to knock on the door thinking that maybe we could go inside if there was an event going on. 
A man came to the door in his pajamas and with a bandage on his face. I kind of stumbled through an apology for bothering him, but that we had thought this was a club, which he said it was. Then I stumbled through something like but do you live here, and he said that he did. So I don't know, a man living in a women's rowing club. Put that together.

What I put together is that now I've come to knocking on the doors of random peoples homes. Oh well, if you're gonna live in a lighthouse, I guess you get what you get. He did come back out and give us a bunch of business cards with pics of the light.
After the lighthouse, we headed for some good old fashioned cheesesteaks. We found this cute crocheted flower.
I was really excited for this meal. It was so good when Matt and I came last time. This time it was good, but not as good as I remembered. Funny how life and memories are like that.
Cheesesteaks eaten, it was time to head home. The kids watched movies, Joseph slept, Laura and I chatted. It was an easy, albeit long drive home. Laura and I had been talking about going to the beach that week, but I decided then that I didn't want to do another long drive that soon. 

it was a good weekend. I'm so grateful we were able to see the temple, and I'm excited to have a brand new, beautiful temple so close to us. 

No comments: