Saturday, August 6, 2016

Adventure park

Addie's brownie troop did their field trip to the Adventure Park in Sandy Springs. It was the best day!
I drove the jolly green with Kim and our girls. Kim's a good friend. She's so calm and easy going and we had some great learning convo's.
All suited up and ready in our very attractive gear.
Tough momma's!
Each mom had 2 girls to watch, except for lucky me, I got to focus all my attention on Addie, and it's a good thing, too. 
Matt and I zip lined in the DR, so I've only done it once, but I was super surprised that they let the girls be completely in charge of their carabiners. 
They had safety features so that one carabiner had to be fastened and locked at all times, but it still surprises me that they let 8 year olds be in charge of such a thing.
Addie is afraid of heights. I didn't really know how things were gonna go and if she'd even try it, but she did!
And so did she!
I don't know that I've ever been so proud of Addie. She pushed through her fears and she was incredible! After the first easy course, we decided to go for the next level.
At first it was easy, just a nice step up from the beginner level. But then we had a crazy landing with a pretty decent gap between obstacles. Addie got onto it and realized how far she was from me, and from anything stable, (it was held by chains, so it rocked) and she freaked. She was frantic and sobbing, but just for a minute. Then she cleared her head and made it across.
I couldn't tell her enough how happy and proud of her I was. I so want my kids to know that they can do hard things! That they should try to do things that scare them. It was such a wonderfully empowering experience. I just hope she will always remember what a rockstar she is. 

No comments: