Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Philly Saturday morning

Friday was kind of a bust. I mean, we did what we set out to, and we went to the temple, and that was great. And we would have done the pool either way, and the custard date was fun. But there was a lot of the group "what should we do?" standing around going on, and we ate lunch at Panda Express. Not that it wasn't delish, because it was, but I wanted Philadelphia. 

One hard thing was that there were so many families, and it was like, should we try to get together? And then I had my girls by myself, so hello, weakest link. So since Friday felt frustrating, I came up with a plan for my crew. Laura liked my plan, so it was our two families, and we stuck to it. 

Plan was to be at Reading Market eating donuts by 9:00. Laura came and knocked at our door at 8:25, and wouldn't you know it, we were all still asleep! Since we'd showered the night before, we were all good to go, and were out the door headed to donut Heaven by 9:00.
Reading Market was cool! A friend from the ward had ranted about it, so I knew I wanted to get there this weekend! It did not disappoint!
I wish we could have eaten all of our meals there, I'm sure it would have been delicious.
Each family got a dozen donuts and they were all so yummy!
We walked as we ate because we had an agenda! I love historic signs. (((:
Josh is awesome. All weekend long. He's gonna be a good daddy someday!
We walked to the liberty bell and tried to get into independence hall, but they didn't have tickets till later in the day, and remember, agenda.
Agenda or not, there's always time for sculpture climbing and pictures.
Always.
The liberty bell was only .07 miles away, and just .03 miles from that was the US Mint. It was a teeny bit of a bummer that Matt and I had just done philly in November and had done a lot of these same things, but that's ok. I guess. (:
The girls liked the Mint, and i was glad it was open on Saturday, except that it wasn't running. That would have made it a lot more interesting. Oh well!
We passed Chinatown on our way back to our hotel to check out and get our cars. The walk wasn't bad, even though it was already a million degrees. It was interesting and we are a fun bunch, so we made the best of it.
As I looked through drawers to make sure that we got everything from our hotel room, I came across the BoM. Love that.
Water bottles drank and filled, and drank and filled again, and we were off!

No comments: