Thursday, August 25, 2016

1st day of school

Wednesday, August 24th came way too soon. Our lazy summer days are over. But all good things must come to an end, otherwise they often stop being good things. I've had so much dread of going back to school that I finally just was ready to rip the bandaid off. And a little bit of routine always does me good. So let's do this, I say!

My discombobulation continues though. I found myself asking what do I usually do for the first day? A big breakfast? A special lunch? What do I do?

I settled on a note and special yogurt we had bought last week.
We found ourselves running behind, and FYI, Laney continues to be the world's s-l-o-w-e-s-t balance biker. When we got to the school, as they were letting the walkers inside, I remembered that i hadn't taken first day of school pictures! I fully realize these are first world problems, but, dangit! So we snapped some quick ones on the side of the school.
Two excited girls!
They're ready! It wasn't the smoothest first day, but we made it and they were ready.
As the bus kids were walking in I realized, much to my dismay, that we'd forgotten Frankies frog lanyard that she was supposed to wear the first 3 days. I try so hard to be prepared! Even though miss Lorrie said I didn't need to, I hurried home and we brought back her lanyard. D looked all abused child and it made me laugh.
And then she laughed and did this super natural smile.
We had PTA stuff to do in the morning, and a RS meeting in the afternoon. Summer is officially over! We had just enough time to make our membership copies and prep the deposit and then it was time to pick the girls up. People asked d all day if she missed her sisters and each time she enthusiastically said "no! I love playing by myself!"
Julia always wants to play date, and since we needed to deposit and pick up spirit night pizza, I let her go over. They were so excited. Cute girls!
Addie asked to stay home alone, so while we hit the bank and Ledo's, she enjoyed a quiet house. Feels so weird, but I guess she's growing up. 

Daddy had scouts and Bubba was at work, so we ate our pizza and headed to the pool at 6. Streeters were there and it was another quiet and chilly night at the pool. On the way home I'd dropped this bucket and asked Laney to pick it up. I told her to please carry it home and she said, and I quote, "why do I always have to carry everything?!"
Meanwhile, I carry everything always. Oh D, you so crazy.

No comments: