Friday, August 5, 2016

Stake temple day

Yesterday was our annual stake temple day. For some reason I have missed the last few. I only really remember going 3 times in the last 7 years. But at our special meeting, president Sakaii said that home with the children, even on stake temple day, is exactly where we should be if our family situation dictates. So it's been all good.

The night before I had a nagging prompting to see if I could print some family names. I went to family search and found I had 6 opportunities, 3 men and 3 women. They were all sisters and brothers, natural and in-law, to my great grandma from Hungary. Nice. 

We left at 7:30 and got to the temple by 9:15'ish. We headed straight to the baptistery to get my names done. They were baptized pretty quickly and I was able to confirm them. 

Addie waited outside with me as we waited for Emily to pick me up. 
We had just enough time to do some more work, then make it to the big meeting. Then we did a session, ate lunch in the basement, did another session, and then did sealings. 

I've never done every ordinance on the same day. It was something special for sure. We left at 7:30, tired, hungry, but so peaceful and happy. The pic on the left is us arriving, on the right is us leaving. 
We stopped at cafe rio for delicious salads, and got home around 10. This was Addie, snug as a bug. #ilovesleepingkids
Super fabulous day and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to spend a whole day at the temple. So grateful that Chris and Matt kept everyone happy here on the homefront. I didn't even have to worry about them.

No comments: