Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sundy


My bil posted one of these fun age guessers the other day, so I (with some help) checked out our family picture. Lexi and I laughed and laughed! She was the oldest! Hahaha, we both agreed that last years family picture was not the best for her. Soooo funny! I guess she made out better than poor franks, who didn't even get an age guess. 
I was laughing until I thought I'd try another picture. I think the shades threw off my age a bit. 
We layed low all morning yesterday. Franks and I played with my phone. 
We also experimented with some slo-mo videos. It was so much fun and we were cracking up! Lots of kissing, high fiving, and dancing during our slo-mo-a-thon. 
Yesterday was prom day for the boy. So after naps we all got dressed and ready to take prom pics. Delaney has a major problem with anything other than barrettes in her hair, so I thought she might like a clip. 
I was wrong. 
She was not happy and the clip was lost within 15 minutes. 
Prom pics to come. After picture time at our gazebo and then at the wharf, we went to the harringtons for elder gold's open house. It's always so nice to visit with friends and we stayed till almost 9. The open house ended at 6. :/ Coleen and I sat outside and talked, which was so much more appealing than the solo bathing of the girls I was facing when I went home. 

In other exciting news, there's a precious new princess in the world! All the world's abuzz with baby names. My money is on frances, (Diana's middle name) which is a contender, even if it's only 25/1 odds. 
It was another fitful night last night. Not being able to sleep is super crappy and i hope it's over. Thankfully, unless one of us is super contagious or on our deathbeds, skipping church is not an option, which made going today an easy choice, even though I've had about 6 hours of good sleep in the past 2 days. 

Sunday is a day of rest, and after feeding and putting delaney down, it was mommy nappy time. Thankfully I had a nice rest, while A&F played and Chris went to brenna's. 

I made a delicious coconut shrimp for dinner, a dinner that delaney didn't touch. I made peach turnovers for dessert. As we were dishing up dessert, laney says "I just don't want dinner. I just want dessert." I know the feeling, lanes. 
As I was taking pouty pictures of her, she obliged me by turning to me and saying "cheese." (Mid-cheese face)
She also got a timeout for being disrespectful. Some of her more notable quotes are "stop telling me that," "I'm in charge, you are not," "I don't care about that," and, my personal favorite, "I just don't like you." (She's never said that to me, but most other people have felt her wrath) Then, just as quick as the sass comes on, she'll come, hug, kiss, and say "you are my favorite mommy." She's a trip. 

But she's my baby and I'm pretty smitten. I felt Heavenly Father's love today when lanes and I danced and sang I'll fly away along with Allison Krauss before naptime. I've always enjoyed those precious one-on-one minutes before bed and I love singing with her. She sings "I'll fly away in the mornking," and I melt. Being a mother is the biggest, toughest, most wonderful blessing. 

No comments: