Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day edition


It's been a fabulous Mother's Day, one of the best I've ever had. Started with breakfast in bed. Eggs, bacon, toast, strawberries, bananas, yogurt, and orange juice. A lot of food!
Addie brought me her gift, a cute coaster with a picture on it, all wrapped up. For some reason I didn't take a picture of that. But I did snap these chocolates that grandpa brought us from Germany that she'd wrapped up in her blanket for me. (:
I also meant to get a picture with my nickle (my 5, yo!) but I forgot. :/ but it was wonderful to be at church with all of my children. And then they gave all the moms and adult women (I guess lexi qualifies!) little Ben and Jerry's ice creams. Best church Mother's Day gift ever!
When we got home the girls gave me information sheets all about me. Addie says I "go" faster than anyone, my favorite thing to do is "seelp" (sleep), and I like to, I make addie happy when I, and I love it when I give/get leg/back rubs. 

Frankie says I make the best "soup ever," we always play "one" (pretty sure this was supposed to be "won"), and I make the best "chinese food." When questioned on the Chinese food answer, she said yes, because she loves the "wrench" I make. Then we all got to play the what-in-the-world-is-she-trying-to-say game. Chris won, it was "shrimp."

Then Matt gave me some new shades, Chris gave me flowers, and lexi gave me these awesome pictures of my lovies. Lexi cut the letters "mommy" and they each decorated their letter, then she took their pictures and put this together. So sweet and thoughtful!
I was looking for pictures of my mom to put on fb and found this one. I guess my parents used to pick up this handicapped man and bring him to church with us. My face is the quintessential kid I don't want to do this, but my parents are making me face.  
I love this pic of my mom and oldest brother joe. (Circa 1974) happy Mother's Day to my mom!
We tried to FaceTime the momma, but we missed her. When I told Frankie we were calling nanny, she ran and got our Mary from our manger scene, to show grandpa Mary. (: cutie. 
Matt made a wonderful paella for dinner, then as he was washing dishes, Frankie saw a rabbit in the garden. Matt went out to scare it away and ran/jumped on the ramp to the shed. Then I heard addie saying that daddy was hurt and he needed me. He'd gotten a pretty big sliver in his foot, and he couldn't get it out. 

After trying and thinking and debating, we headed to the er to get it out. It was pretty painful, but my man is stoic. (; 
They gave him a shot to numb his foot and then worked for about 20 minutes to get it out. It was huge! Over an inch long and thick! I wish I'd have taken a picture of it, but it was pretty bloody and gross, so I didn't. 
Thankfully it was a pretty quick trip, just over an hour, so it wasn't too bad. Though it ended kinda painfully for Matt, it was a really great day! I felt loved and special all day long!

No comments: