Thursday, May 14, 2015

Running


Sons, I tell ya!

This was the little Rays bright and early this morning. Can't you see how surprised I am? In my head I was like "holy crap! We actually met my goal of leavingn at 6:45. Yahtzee!"
We met up with these lovely ladies at the LES to set up for our PTA sponsored Mornings with Moms. 
Everything looked so pretty! It was a really good morning, everything ran so smoothly. 
My lil' helpers. While we set up, they ran around the gym. (This was, of course, one of the few mornings that Matt actually had to be to work early) Then during the event, they vacillated between sitting and eating donuts, and helping behind the counter. 
They love them some gloves!
As we were cleaning, I totally accidentally clocked Frankie with a cooler I was drying. She wanted to see the damage, so there. 
After some PTA buis-ness, we hit the library. We've lived in the 301 for 6 years and my library card expired, which means my book on tape privileges did too. :/ then we walked over to the wooden park for playgroup. It was a goegeous day and we thoroughly enjoyed our time till it was time to get the pre-k'er to pre-k. 

We hit the White House on pensive street and delaney got a 45 minute nap before it was time to leave for the boy's regional track meet. I had to do some juggling because Matt was doing testing at work and had to stay till they were done, which meant that he probs wouldn't be able to get girls off the bus. I hate the mad who can watch the girls scramble. Thankfully it all worked!

We had a quiet and nice 2-hour drive to Glen Burnie. Delaney's been a super traveller lately. In my almost 19 years of mom-hood, I've never had the chance to spend so much one-on-one time with the 3-year-old crowd, and I am loving it. She's been fun and calm. Patient and happy. Easy going and chatty. This chic is top notch!
The meet started at 4, and of course we didn't get there till 4:30. I've never been on time for a meet, and I always have this fear that I just drove all that way for one or two events and then I missed one or both. Thankfully, they hadn't even started yet. There's ma boy on the far right, pink shoes and headband. Because he's stylin'.
In baseball they called him "wheels," and in track he's fast and still learning. Probably didn't make it to State, but he had fun and is improving and that's what matters. (:
So, let's recap. Farm cutie (it's on her hat) and I drove 4 hours, and watched our boy run for 10 seconds. Ouch.  
However, lest I look like I'm too complainey, I'm so thankful to be able to go watch him, and I'm so proud of his resiliency and how much he's excelling at this new sport. And when he was done he hung out with us for awhile and then took delaney up to hang out with the team, which she loved. 
See farm cuties pink little head? We're all pretty crazy about our only bubba. 
Before we left southward bound, I dropped the boy and some friends at a Subway nearby and let them walk back to the meet. They wanted to walk back, I swears. I would have driven them, but they said it'd be team bonding. 

Ps - shout out to lex. She's been so helpful lately. I was able to ask Darlaina to get girls off the bus, then lex to pick them up there after she got off work. She's been a total trooper. (:

No comments: