Monday, May 4, 2015

May the fourth


One of my favorite quotes. 

Today was my turn to watch kids for kid swaps. Only it didn't work out like a traditional kid swap day. Shelly wasn't feeling well and ended up going to the dr and then laying on my couch all day. And then because Abby was "sick" (; Sarah ended up staying and talking for most of the morning too. Good friends are such a wonderful blessing. 

I was able to put the babes down for naps and take a nice one myself. Gods love, right there. Being able to rest when you're sick, such a wonderful luxury that I haven't always enjoyed, but I am surely enjoying it now. 

Big girls had their last gymnastics today. Miss Chris (carpool buddy) sent me this. My girls are such glamorous posers!
We rushed through dinner as soon as they got home. I had told addie on Sunday that since it was her special recital day today, she could pick any dinner she wanted. So we had bow tie pasta with butter and Parmesan. I am a master chef. Just ask Abby, who begged her mom to get my Kraft Mac'n'cheese recipe, or laney, who told me I make the best bread, ice cream, and cheese. Or even addie, whose favorite meal of mine is plain pasta. Oh well, it was an easy dinner and all were satisfied. 
Addie played Hungey Lion and did a sweet job, in spite of some mistakes. She told me she played the first part twice accidentally and I told her she'd done such a good job by just keeping on going. We all make mistakes, but we pick up and keep moving. Such a sweetie.  
I brought smarties with us, and if each child was quiet through each song, I gave them each one smartie. we even had Ellie sit with us, and they all did really well. (:
It was a wonderful night celebrating these talented little ones. (:

No comments: