Tuesday, May 26, 2015

S'good


Our strawberry picking plans fell through for the second time, so today became a much needed cleaning day. 

Remember how yesterday franks was waiting patiently in the tunnel for the big girls to finish their pictures? Check out Sarah's angle. 
Too funny!!!

Ainas came to hang out with us for awhile. Sarah and I talked while I cleaned and the kids played. Also, it's May and I still regularly look at the clock and am shocked that it's already 12 and almost time for Frankie to go to school. Like today, when she hadn't even eaten yet. :/

The spring sports awards banquet was tonight. I was instructed to sit an aisle away, (all the athletes sit together, so I couldn't very well sit with my son) and then he walked up, took my purse and started rifling through it. I found it amusing and very, very typical. (:
Chris got a "Participation Award." (;
Then, after forever (2 hours, though!) it was time for the team captains to pass out the coaches gifts. 
So handsome and grown up. 
Chris' relay team all signed their baton and gave it to coach Snyder. 
Track has been a good thing for Christian and I am thankful he's found something he enjoys and he is excelling at even if it's not necessarily physically. He's made good friends and been able to be a leader and been kept anxiously engaged. 
This morning Franks looked at me and said "why don't you call me Francis Scott Key?" Then Franks and I spent some time enjoying our national anthem. She started humming it, so I sang it for her. Then she smiled and said "will you sing it again?" After another rousing rendition, we watched some youtube versions. Not that I can't belt out an amazing star spangled banner, but you know, Whitney Houston. When I die I'm gonna have a voice like Whitney. Or Celine. Or patsy. I have a definite top ten list. 

It was another good day in the house with no name. 

No comments: