Sunday, May 31, 2015

Life's good in LG 5k


Our 4th annual neighborhood 5k was Memorial Day weekend. I wasn't planning on being in town, since Laura and I were going to be lighthousing, but the strep. I had planned to walk if I was going to participate, so I decided I'd try walking and see how I'd do.

First was the fun run. They were so excited, but then when we got out there Delaney got all crabby.
Addie was ready to run!
And they're off! They let the kids run a different path and actually cross the finish line this year, so that was cool.
Delaney didn't run most of the way, and Frankie got going and got caught up in the fray and got nervous. Oh well!
Addie was all over it and so cute!
#grumpycat
Matt was going to walk with me, and we were all going to walk with our neighbor Kim and her daughter Kaitlynn, but as soon as we got going Matt, who didn't want to participate at all, said "I kind of want to run." And he was off! We met up with him as he was coming up the hill and we were heading down. Dead last.
Addie decided she'd walk with us and these two little girls did great! I was so impressed!
And blazing the trail at just under an hour, this crew. Someone's gotta be last, right?
I'm glad we were able to participate. We've not missed a year yet.
Still grumpy. 
That evening we went to a neighborhood BBQ in one of the alleys. The kids put on an impromptu parade. 

One of the new neighbors posted this one. I didn't even know Delaney took a ride!
Patriotic girlies.
The kids had fun riding bikes and playing together.
I guess she got face paint? Not sure what's going on here. 
Gymastics friends.
I don't know what Addie is doing. But I love it.
Loves.
The missing soldier table. I thought this was so cool.
It was a wonderful day in our neighborhood. Life really is good in LG. 

No comments: