Saturday, May 9, 2015

Encampment

Amen. And not just because I only wear costume jewelry. 

Yesterday was Laura's birthday. Celebration! We headed for springtime pedi's! 
We figure we'll do spring pedi's for her birthday and summer for mine. Perfect!
After that we headed to OG for lunch. I love birthday celebrations. I wish everyone felt loved and honored on their birthdays. (:
Poor froggy was sick middle of Thursday night. Friday morning she was kind of okay. Matt had planned to go to dc for the WW2 plane flyover the Capitol and since I had fun plans, he was gonna take delaney. Then, in a dumb parent move, (we all make 'em!) he decided to take Frankie too. I'm trying not to control everything (controlling=dumb wife move) and so I discouraged this idea, but then let it be. Then, another dumb parent move, he didn't take the stroller. Thankfully he ran into some friends and they pretty much took over laney, so he could focus 100% on a throwing up Frankie. On the metro. :( they had a tough day!

She enjoyed the apple sauce portion of the BRAT diet. 
Lexi had told us we needed to go out so she could work on my mother day gift. (: so Matt and I, after attending the emergency HOA meeting (DRAMA) went to see Hot Pursuit. It was cute and we had a nice date night. And what a sweet lexi!

This morning we woke up early and cleaned out the truck. ok, Matt cleaned out the truck, and addie and I got all ready for our first Girl Scout encampment. We drove to Virginia with Barbara and kate and made it to the camp by 10. 
Pirate fun! Out of the 10 girls in our troop, only 4 of our girls could make it. 
At the opening ceremony Addie volunteered to go pick up our troop's spirit stick and tell a pirate joke. She said "why didn't the pirate watch the movie? Because it was rated Arrrrrgh."
Look at that big, brave girl!
The camp was very cute. There were gold pieces all over the camp that the girls were to collect as a team. Our team had some trouble early on (she found two and I've only found one. That's not fair!"), so we really tried to push the whole, we all win when we all work together, idea. 
Such a fun adventure today with my middle!
They rotated through fun stations that were all girl led, I was very impressed. I pushed hard for us to take the girls down to the waterfront after lunch and finally was able to convince the other leaders. (: 154 steps down. And back. :/
Camp Cole's Trip!
Lil' cutie!
We had a super fun day. (:
Little miss art got her art on. 
She also got bitten by something. This led to a trip to the infirmary and an ice pack, which she tied into her bandana like a cool chic. 
Game station. This was seconds after a water balloon cannon bounced off Addie's belly. (:
The camp was beautiful!
The drama station was one of my favs. They learned a song and did a cute skit. I loved that they all participated! And it was run by a girl named delaney, so it had to be good. 
Swaps were so fun too! Wish I'd gotten a picture of her with all her swaps attached, but we got too busy. 
We ate corn dogs and macaroni for dinner, did our caper, and headed home. We left at 8 and got home at 8. Such a fun day for me to focus on my addie. God's love!

No comments: