Tuesday, May 12, 2015

It's all in the name


Delaney was up sick last night. She had a fever and was just so sad. Daddy helped her and this morning she was good till after lunch, (which she didn't eat) when her fever spiked again and she took more meds. She's such a pathetic little baby, it's so sweet!

I am still learning how to work within a much less busy schedule. I'll figure it out. And really, what a good problem to have!

Addie read to laney after school. What a precious thing to see siblings that love each other and work together! Heavenly Father loves me!
It's been crazy hot this week, so mr. Track runner came home a little early. He was all excited because his new toothbrush came in. This is part of his Christmas present for this year, because I just don't think he needs a $50 toothbrush on a regular day.
Tonight I made the gang a breakfast dinner and then headed to hendersons for a RS mtg. Laura and Colleen demonstrated jam making and Amy taught pie crust. I wish my family liked jam, but most of them opt for pb only. Or Nutella, but really, who wouldn't choose that option. 

I spent some time looking through family history stuff and I was so excited to find that way back in 1637, Nathaniel Pope, my common ancestor with George Washington, lived in St. Mary's county! He had a place called Pope's Freehold in St. Marys City and now I cannot wait to go check it out! I love history and I love family history, it's just amazing to me! So it was just a quiet, easy day around here. 
 
One thing's been bothering me though. The White House on pensive street needs a name. We have no trees and no real distinctive features, and I'm having a hard time with finding just the right name. The struggle is real. 

No comments: