Thursday, May 7, 2015

No longer a working girl

Teacher appreciation week continues! Bless her heart, our teacher appreciation chair had a heart attack, brought on by stress. Now all involved are trying to step up to help. We (my 2 little helpers and I) hit up the LES at 10:45 and hung out till 2:30. We did K and 2nd grade lunch, then 2nd and 4th grade recess, got franks to her class and tidied up the teacher lunchroom (PTA provided Ledo's for lunch), then did 1st grade lunch and recess (so teachers could take breaks and eat). 

Delaney Ray was the coolest kid in school. Every kid wanted her to play with them. They followed her, tried to show off for her, and generally doted. 
They even taught her to jump rope. 
Addie was sooo excited to have baby sister eat lunch and hang out with her. She said "do you think laney will let me hold her?" Ummm, no. Unfortunately by that time of day, lady lanes was tired and a leetle cranky, but she got it together enough to play. Addie did get her feelings hurt because she felt left out of Laneys bright light at recess. Laney walked around with 5-6 1st graders trailing behind her, hanging on her every word. 
We left school and I realized how tired I was and how not used to that kind of work I am anymore. Not that most teachers just do recess and lunch duty all day, those are some loud and hot hours, but still. Being home with my babes is such a blessing, one that I've not always had, and I am so grateful for that. And also for clean babies. (:
Other than that, laundry is in the works. Lexi is busy binge watching Law and Order, Chris sold $2000 worth of shirts at SMAC tonight, and I am on the up and up, and looking forward to Mother's Day weekend. (;

No comments: