Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Today, and the flight of the birds

We had a busy day today. The girls and I left at 10:00 and didn't get home until 4:00. Last night I wrote out my list of errands and there were 12 stops and we were able to accomplish 11 of them! Now that might not sound like any big deal, but when your carting around a 3 month old and 2 year old (not to mention the 14 year old!!!), that's a small miracle!

We got lots of grocery deals (including, but not limited to, 18 free Sobe's and 2 free bags of Wacky Mac!) and threw in some teeth cleaning to boot!

If you have never breastfed in a dental chair, let me just tell ya, your missing out!

I had it all planned in my head that Lexi would go first and I could feed the babies. But when we got there my sweet friend Kelly told me that we were both at the same time and she would be happy to hold Frankie and watch Addie. Frank'n'Beans was not a happy camper! She cried until Kelly brought her in to me, and even when I tried to just hold her in the dental chair she wasn't happy. So we took a quick break from the cleaning and Frankie filled her little belly.
She still wasn't happy but at least she had a full tummy.

Anyways, remember our birdies? Well one day (about a month ago, but I, admittedly am a sloooow blogger lately) Addie woke up early and I took her out on the porch to sit in our rocking chairs and read a book before Frankie woke up. She asked to see the "biwds" so I took down the hanging flower pot they were residing in. I set it on the ground and then... they flew away! Just like that! One by one they just up and left! Addie and I were shocked! We looked at eachother with our mouths hanging open and then we just started laughing, it was so crazy and funny! Writing it down, it doesn't sound super crazy or funny, like okay, birds fly, right?! BUT it was... kinda magical seeing their first flight ever! Seeing them leave their nest to never come back, it was kind of sad! We left the nest there in the flower basket for a week but it was a sad, lonely nest cause they were gone for good.

Here they are about a week before their flight.



Our last shot of our little birds.
Somewhere I have a picture of their nest after they left, what a mess! I'll have to post it when I find it, icky!

So you know how I was saying you never know what your gonna get when you take a self portrait?

Well last week I was hanging out in the bathroom with Frankie. Weird, right?! But I was showing her her reflection in the mirror and she was laughing and loving it! So I grabbed the camera and tried to get her cute expressions.

I am so bad at the 'self portrait'!
And don't mind my crazy eyes (and hair) here, it's all about Frankie's googely eyes!
LOVE IT!



And you know how kids these days (oh yes I did just say that!) take a million of these self portraits in the mirror, with their phones, making this silly face? At least all the kids I know do that.

Anyways, this is my homage to them.
See Lexi-lu I'm cool too!


PS - I could seriously eat that babies thighs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Love love, seeing the chunks!

Shelly said...

This is my favorite post. You are so cute, no need to excuse your self-portraits. Love that little Frank'n'beans!