Saturday, July 31, 2010

37 mini-cards

Facebook is fun for birthdays.
It's like getting lots and lots of mini-cards.
I got 37.
So fun.

And that's been my day, so fun.
Me time in the morning,
(wishing I could make this a Saturday morning tradition!)
naps for little girlies,
then family time in the afternoon.

We hiked out to Calvert Cliffs and played in the water.
We got started a little late and by the time we got out there it was already high tide.
I watched as the water crept ever closer to Frankie's stroller and safe nook by the tall grass, and I thought all about life.

I am now squarely and firmly a woman in her thirties.
And I don't feel a day over 16.

2 comments:

Heather B said...

Happy, happy birthday!! Isn't it odd how we can feel 16, and yet be mothers to teenagers?? I don't get it. Glad you enjoyed your day; take care, and give those little ones a squeeze for me.

amy said...

glad you had a good bday, henna!