Saturday, July 10, 2010

The end of an era

Last month marked the end of middle school for Lexi-Lu.
Ready or not (she's ready, I'm not!) she's starting high school next month!
And she informed me in a very teenager moment that she only has 4 more years in our house.
There might have been a few more adjectives thrown in there about said house, but I'll just leave those out. ;)

All the 8th graders walked in to Pomp and Circumstance.

Then in order to keep things timely and moving right along, the home room teacher did their 'final roll call' for their 8th grade homeroom classes. As their names were read they would stand, no applause (although there was lots!) and then after the whole class was standing everyone would clap and they would all sit down. Even doing it this way, it still took a loooooong time!
Here is Lexi standing for her final roll call. (sniff, sniff!)

She was so mad that I wanted to take pictures outside, but a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do! And it happened to be very bright so she had her eyes closed in both shots of her in front of the high school.

Then back at the middle school I was able to get some cute ones of her and Robin and Samantha.

This would be the crowd I wanted to be with in middle school!
They are gorgeous!
And sweet!

Gotta strike a pose!

After this I took them to a celebratory lunch at Applebees where I didn't take my camera out at all. In my defense I was doing everything one-handed while a 14 pound infant ate to her hearts content.

I wonder if it would be bad to walk her to her classes her first day of high school.
Hmmmmmmmmm...

1 comment:

The Ainas said...

haha you are too funny :)