Thursday, July 15, 2010

Busy, busy bees

I am gettin' 'er done.
Reorganizing, cleaning, finding homes for wayward scissors and old pants.
On Tuesday I stayed up until 4:30am.
I was just on a roll and didn't want it to end. It was soooooo nice to be able to work and know that I wasn't going to be interrupted by babies or big kids.
Therapeutic, I might say.

Target has their Rubbermaid bins on sale and big mama stocked up.
Talk about therapeutic!
Putting things into nice bins, labeling them, and putting them away.
Ahhhhhh, love it.

Upon waking up Wednesday morning I discovered that the internet was not working. We had a big rainstorm (electric storm as the nice Verizon man from Canada called it) Tuesday night and sometime between 4:30am and 8:30am the power went out.

And with it went the internet.
I decided that I should keep my cleaning momentum going and leave the internet off for the day.
A day without internet?
That never happens.
And that was kinda therapeutic too.

*random thought*
what would i do if i couldn't google everything and how did i ever survive without it?
that is seriously my answer to everything - "google it!"
maybe some day it will be
"bing it," but for now it's google all the way!

-this random thought was brought to you by a few sleepless nights and by viewers like
Alexis, Addie, and Frankie


Now my house is in that in-between stage.
You know the one.
A pile of Goodwill stuff over there, recycle pile over here, extra rubbermaids over there. I need to make a list and start finishing some of my projects.
List's are therapeutic too.

Last night I decided I needed to go to bed early (11:30) because this morning I got to get up with the birds at 5:30am and drive 6 bright and smiling teenagers, plus 1 sleepy chunk, (Addie got to stay with bff Izzy for the day) to their Pioneer Trek in Virginia.
2 1/2 days complete with pioneer clothes, no deodorant, no toothpaste, and no google!
I think it will be an awesome experience and I can't wait to hear all about it!

We had a fun drive.
First they were super excited and loud.
Then they got tired and slept.
(and I was reminded again that they really are like babies in big bodies!)
Then at McDonalds they got loud again.
Then when we got back in the car, reality started to set in and they got a little nervous.
I heard things like "I shouldn't have eaten that McDonalds," (probably a good life lesson!) and
"I don't feel too good," and "It's gonna be sooo hot!"
They were excited though too. As soon as we pulled up (15 minutes late of course!) they all hurried up to sign in.
It's gonna be good!

Our fun morning.
Robert looking quite lovely in Alexis' bonnet.

I let them wear their 2010 clothes until we got to McDonalds, about 20 minutes away from the drop off site. Then we ate and they changed into their 1800's ensembles. They got quite a bit of attention and they loved it! ;)

They looked soooo cute!

Getting ready for the fun!

This is their 'crazy shot.'
Aren't they wild?!

And they're off!

Did I mention the heat index is in the 100's for the rest of the week?
Yikes!


And a little Addie funny.
She came downstairs yesterday wearing a pair of Frankie's size 3 month shorts, on backwards, and a skirt on her head.
Then she didn't want her picture taken!
She hid in the corner and covered her face.
That girl is a hoot and a holler!

I'm not sure how she got these on, they were so tight!

Then after I kept taking pictures of her (I know I'm a mean mom for this, Lexi already told me) she decided to lay down and see if that would stop my shutterbug.
Of course it didn't!

Backwards!

Then she gave up trying to hide her face, but she was not going to smile or say cheese!
I think I even got a "NO cheese!"

She is so much fun.

That's all for today.
Hope you got a laugh and it was therapeutic for ya!

1 comment:

Heather B said...

I am totally amazed at all you were able to accomplish in a 24-hour period! Can you come do my house next?? It is in serious need of an organizational guru--you take care of the rubbermaids, and I'll play with the kids! You are awesome!!