Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And happy birthday Addie-cakes!

Addie's birthday gift was her big girl room. My vision was to have her cake and ice cream and then show her the room, all painted and furnished and beautiful.
Yeah, what was I thinking?
We celebrated Lexi's birthday.
And then a week went by.
And then 2 weeks.

And then I finally got some paint and Matt finished the paint job that I started.
Then we started putting the furniture together on the day we celebrated her birthday.
It wasn't at all the way I planned and I was (and still kinda am!) super annoyed with myself for not getting myself together and organized.

Next year she's gonna have a golden party and it's gonna be awesome!

Anyways.

I was organized enough to buy her a cute birthday dress that she loved.
And these cute rain boots.
So on the day we celebrated her birthday (2 weeks after her actual birthday), I took her outside for a little photo shoot action.



Love this one!


Then when we came back in she changed shoes. That girl loves shoes!

For dinner on the day we celebrated her birthday we really pulled out all the stops and went to Cici's Pizza. She loved it and that's what matters. Right?



The big kids made sure she had fun. They make her feel so special. She really is so lucky to have them!


Happy birthday girl.



Then we came home and celebrated with some cake.
Alexis and I had put together her bed and bookcase while Matt painted, so we had Christian make her cake and he did a great job!

Birthday twins again!


She is a girl after her mama's heart.
Her sweet tooth rivals mine and that is saying something!


And this was after Cici's buffet!


Yum!

She enjoyed her special day.
And every once in awhile she likes to lay in her big girl bed.
And one of these days she'll actually sleep in it. :)
Happy birthday 2-year-old girl!

4 comments:

Grandpa S. said...

Happy Birthday, Addie!! I'm looking forward to seeing her room and maybe, just maybe, a picture of Addie-Cakes laying in her big girl bed!! I think she had a good birthday.

The two old crows said...

Addie is just a big girl. I just love her, Happy Belated Birthday.

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday Addie and Lexi-Lu. I love how you do a tribute to your kids on their birthday. You make them feel so special!

auntie amy said...

tell addie her auntie henna loves cake too!