Sunday, July 25, 2010

Randoms

It has been so incredibly hot!
Saturday's high temp (according to my car) was 104 with a heat index (accounting for humidity) of around 110. It's been like this for days. Actually, I'm exaggerating, Wednesday only got up to 90.
Only.
In June, 19 days were over 90 degrees. Last year in June, there weren't any days over 90 degrees.
It is way too hot.
They say it will be one of the hottest summers on record.
This past winter was one of the coldest and snowiest on record.
What is up with that?

* * * * *

Matt's flight was delayed a few hours so he didn't get home until after 2:30am. Sicky-poo Frankie woke up at 4:30. I was so glad he was home because after I fed her, he gladly took over until she fell asleep around 6:00.
Then in the morning he kept the babies while I went to a movie. All by myself. :) It seems like whenever I want to go see a girly movie just for me there is nothing good out. The only movie I really wanted to see was Ramona and Beezus, so I did. I went and got my small popcorn and small soda
(there are free refills, did you know that?!)
and enjoyed 2 full hours of quiet mommy time.
Then I went shopping.
It was heaven.
I was having such a nice time with everyone that morning that I almost didn't go, but I've fallen for that before! I knew if I stayed (even though I wanted to and I'm sure it would have been fun) that I would have regretted not getting my mommy alone time.
So glad I went!

* * * * *
The girls are both sick. Like, rivers of green coming from their noses. Frankie hasn't really slept for 3 days now. And on Saturday she wouldn't eat. That is so not like her, I mean you've seen the girls thighs! Finally Saturday night she broke down and ate for about 45 minutes straight. But the sleeping is still bad. This morning after our 2nd night of tag-team 1 hour sleeping, Matt decided to stay home from church with them. Frankie still didn't sleep all day and was getting super fussy. So our home teachers came over and they and Matt gave her a blessing. She cried through the prayer, I stood up with her as soon as it was over and she fell asleep within 10 seconds.
That is power.

* * * * *

I miss Alexis.

* * * * *

I miss Christian.

* * * * *

I'm so glad Matt is home.

* * * * *

I'm so ready for school to start.
School starting and Autumn, it's one of my favorite times of year!

* * * * *

I would like to personally thank whomever taught my sweet 2-year-old to make this lovely face. For about a week anytime I took out the camera she would make it.

* * * * *
She even tried to help Frankie.

* * * * *
Awesome.

* * * * *
PS - I am totally winning over here!

3 comments:

The two old crows said...

My old eyes can't read your blog. The pictures are great

The two old crows said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The two old crows said...

Thank you I enjoyed your blog. It isn't fun to have sick kids.