Thursday, July 8, 2010

'nastics

Addie started gymnastics classes in February, before Frankie was born.
Her classes are Friday mornings which means that every other week Daddy gets to take her. Matt works a compressed work week which means 10 hour days Monday-Thursday and he's off every other Friday.

It's been interesting (to say the least) having to juggle Frankie while trying to help Addie tuck and roll, balance, and swing on the bars.

And then there was that one week, right after Frankie was born when I took Frankie in her carseat and Coach Christina told me that carseats really are not allowed in the gym for safety reasons.

Hormones were raging and I was kind of devastated to be reprimanded, even when it was done so nicely. I got a little teary because I was so overwhelmed.
It's better now though, just had to figure it all out! :)

Waiting for class to start and Addie not wanting her picture taken.

Jumping on the big trampoline.

And jumping into the 'pit'.
It's so fun! When Grandpa Ray was here I got to take Addie without Frankie and we jumped into the pit together!
Loved it!
Posing, I guess?

And running on the long trampoline.

Her "No pictures now, please!" two-year-old self again.

Waiting on the beam for directions from Coach Christina.
This is a huge step because she wouldn't even sit still for directions when she first started. :)

I like this picture because you can see how I roll at gymnastics class.
Can you spot me in the mirror?
I've got Frankie in the Baby Bjorn.
Juggling is my forte.

And here's how Addie would spend her whole gymnastics class if I let her.
At the drinking fountain.
Seriously wish she had never discovered it was there.
We've had more than one tantrum because I've dragged her back to class.

Yeah, I don't really like paying for Addie to play with a dirty water fountain.

Getting brave and gaining balance!

Here's how Frankie rolls at gymnastics. When I'm lucky at least.

Then when the kids got out of school Alexis came with us.
Here she is helping Addie jump over the 'snake'.

Sissy showing Addie how to tuck and roll.

And helping her accomplish that feat (sort of).

And jumping on the little trampoline.
She has so much fun!


Doing a bear crawl.
Sort of.

Enjoying some down time looking out the window.

And balancing with Lex.

I had been trying to get her to swing on the bars but she wouldn't for anything.
So then I let her wander by herself. I sat down on one of the beams and pretended to not be watching her. And she went all Nadia Komanich on the bars!



Then we made a big deal about what a good job she did and she acted all shy and proud.

At the end of every class, after Ring Around the Rosie and circle time, all the kids sit on the beams and get stamped within an inch of their lives.
"More stamp, Coach Cit'ina!"




After both hands, feet, and knees get stamped she raises her shirt to get a belly stamp.
What could be better?!
We love 'nastics!

4 comments:

auntie amy said...

oh mot. i freaking love this kid!

The Ainas said...

awww! :) I've been teaching Abby forward rolls... and she likes it when I go and visit my old gym (in Waldorf) and climbs on everything. The pit is pretty awesome :)

Joy :) said...

Oh, I love it! I just love all these kids!

Misa said...

Addie is SO cute!!

Where are you taking Addie? I've been looking around to find a place Noelle could go to, but most places down here she has to be older....