Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Checkin up on the check-ups

June marks the month that I take the 3 big kids for their annual well-child check-ups. I was also able to push back Frankie's 2 month visit so that I could get them done in just 2 days as opposed to 4 separate trips.

So one Thursday I took Alexis and Addie and then Friday I took Christian and Frankie.
So fun!

Actually though, I kinda like taking them for well child checks. I like knowing their height and weight and where they fall in the percentiles. I like knowing they look and sound good. I like our doctors office.

So it is actually kind of fun. :)

Addie didn't want to have anything to do with our nurse/helper person. She didn't want to be measured our weighed. Having Alexis there helped a lot because she went first and showed Addie that it was okay. It's so weird that Addie wasn't into it because last time I brought her, which wasn't that long ago, she didn't have a care in the world!

Trying, unsuccessfully, to get her to stand on the scale.

Okay, maybe if Lexi stands on it Addie will want to.

Or not.

Then we decided to put her on the baby scale and she wigged out about that too.
Crazy girl!

Still upset after her harrowing weighing-in.

Happy again with her big sissy.
That kid loves her big sissy.
That is one lucky kid!

My three beautiful girls.

Still having fun. This was before she found out she needed a shot.
Yikes.

Peek-a-boo!
Love this shot!

Addie's turn! And as long as sissy holds her, she's just fine! She was super inquisitive about everything.

Lexi burst out laughing as soon as the doctor touched her belly. It was pretty funny!

Yikes! This is what happens when Addie becomes the photographer!

Getting ready to get her finger pricked. She was so good about it! She had finally warmed up to everybody and was just watching everything they were doing.

Then they poked her. Her jaw dropped like she was soooo surprised anyone would ever do something so horrible to her! Then she wailed! So I asked Christian to get pictures, and like a total boy he gets a close up of her finger instead of the funny surprised then mad faces she was making. He was so proud of himself that he actually got some of the blood dripping down that I just couldn't tell him that's not what I wanted. He's a good boy, but he's just that, a boy!

Lexi kissed it all better.

And then Frankie had too also.

She was pretty fascinated by the whole thing.

And then she had to kiss sissy's oowie.
Those two are so stinkin' cute!

ps - Lexi forbade me to take pics of her getting her shots and I acquiesced. Every once in awhile I'm a reasonable mom. :)

The next day it was Christian and Frankie's turn and it was just the 3 of us.
My little man getting weighed! He's over 100 now and inching ever closer to being taller than me!
(notice I didn't say heavier. he's got just a little ways to go on that one;)

Way more calm than big sissy!

Chunk!
(can you tell this was a Christian shot too! Such a boy, getting all the facts!)

Vitals all looked good. :)

Long girl is off the charts tall!

Love these two!

Goofy!

What Frankie would look like if she ever won insurance salesman of the month, right Amy?!
Our little bald man. :)

Monkey girl!

Love Dr. Miller!
He takes time and talks to the kids, he's awesome!

Christian cracking up!
Ticklish kiddos!

Mad Frankie-girl.

A shot.
He took it like a trooper.


She took this vaccine much better than Addie did!

Here's what happens when you ask for Christian to take your picture.
Yikes-stripes, extreme close-up!

4 shots! Soooo sad!


Everyone checked out just fine. If I would have done this post sooner I might have remembered how much everyone weighed and how tall they all are.
But I don't.
And I don't care to go find where I wrote it all down.
So there. :)

2 comments:

The Ainas said...

aww we aren't going to Dr. Miller anymore, but I did like him a lot. Abby totally threw up ALL OVER when she got that oral vaccine.

auntie amy said...

i think frankie should win insurance salesman of the month with the best fat rolls on her legs!