Friday, July 2, 2010

July thoughts

I've decided to do a blog-a-day for July. I really do like to blog and I want to record everything we do for our family history, I just haven't been doing a good job of it lately. I do best when I have a schedule, so blog-a-day it is.

Oh, and Sara inspired me with her awesome month last month.

-------------------------------------------------

This weeks weather has been awesome!!! I haven't had the a/c on all week, and you know my frugal bootie loves that!

-------------------------------------------------

Speaking of frugal... coupons have taken over my life this week. I've made 5 trips to Rite-Aid, 4 to Food Lion, and 2 to CVS. And I'm planning another trip tomorrow. Or 2. All my trips combined and I've paid maybe $30 out of pocket. That's a lot of free stuff, people! Let's just say if anyone needs any Strayfree pads or Cool Whip, I'm the girl to see. Couponing is good and I love doing it, but I think I need some moderation. Maybe I'll start moderating next week...

-------------------------------------------------

Speaking of next week... I have yet to start exercising since I had Frankie. I really want to start running so I can be as awesome as Amy and run a marathon. :) I walked up to the library with the babies the other day and realized I hadn't done that in probably 9 months. Frankie is 3 months already, and then in December we had all that snow and... maybe I'll start exercising next week too.
I can run instead of couponing.
Maybe.
(and maybe not)

-------------------------------------------------

Alexis had an awesome week at EFY last week. Like, she couldn't stop talking about it, awesome. I was so glad because she fought hard not to go. I mean, like she couldn't stop talking about not wanting to go, hard. This week she's at girls camp up near Gettysburg. I can't wait to hear all about it! Hopefully she won't be able to stop talking about that too. I like talking to Lexi-lu.

--------------------------------------------------
Christian is at Boy Scout camp in Virginia. He was excited to go. I had a Mother-of-the-Year moment when I realized that all the other boys had their things packed in large rubbermaid boxes. Christian used a duffel bag. All the other boys also had large rubbermaid boxes full of snacks. Christian didn't. I ran inside (everyone from Leonardtown met at our house) and threw all the treats I could find (think 1/2 bag of cookies, box of granola bars, 2 Capri-Suns...) into a Target bag. Then when they left I realized he had forgotten to take his list of Merit badges he wanted to earn and Matt had forgotten the directions. I threw the babies in the car (gently :) and drove as fast as legally possible over to their next meeting spot. Next year I'll know better.

--------------------------------------------

Matt had the opportunity to go to Boy Scout camp for the first 5 days. He had a good time and came back with a journal full of observations. And a really fresh aroma, if you know what I mean.
And I know you do.

---------------------------------------------

I was left with the job of watering the lawn and I finally learned how to use and set up a sprinkler. It's harder than it looks.

----------------------------------------------

My skin does not agree with this weather. I haven't had this bad a break-out in years. Icky.

----------------------------------------------

I have lots more random thoughts rattling around in my big head, but the park is calling our names.

Here's our big girl Frankie. I could eat her up!
Enjoy.



2 comments:

Sara said...

I think that we're feeding off of each other. I did the post a day because of you!!

Kirst said...

Check out C25k! I'm doing it, and it'll have you running in no time! :) Miss you!