Monday, July 19, 2010

4th of July fun

We had a fun and busy 4th of July. Matt and the girls went to church while I took Christian to the airport in Baltimore. (my 2nd of the 8 trips I've made there this month!)

That evening our neighborhood hosted a bbq. I had made ribs, corn on the cob, and watermelon among other things. I really didn't feel like lugging all those messy summer foods up to the gazebo, but we felt like we should at least show up for a little while and meet some new neighbors. So we ate first and then walked up with our IBC root beer's.






We met lots of new neighbors and had a nice visit with some older ones.

Then we were off to the Tolson's beach front house for fireworks!
I decided to ride in the backseat with the girls and got some cute pictures from this vantage point. Addie had her arm out for me to rub it. And she's not doing it here, but she usually kicks her shoes off and kicks Frankie's seat "rocking it" to help her stop crying.
She's so helpful.

Their house was so cute and I loved their beach!
Can you imagine walking out to this every morning?!


Me and my girls.

From their yard we could see fireworks all across the water in Virginia and other islands.

Addie did pretty good with all the loud noises but her bff Izzy hated it! Here Matt is cuddling her and trying to cover her ears.

Frankie wasn't a fan either.
I started thinking it probably wasn't a great idea to take her there because neighbors and other people were popping firecrackers too so the noises were unpredictable and she really didn't appreciate that.
But she survived. :)


We had a very fun, low-key 4th.

No comments: