Wednesday, August 13, 2008

2 month check-up

Addison is two months old and with that age comes the two month check-up and shots. So on Tuesday I packed up the gang and headed to the doctor. At first everything was good and Addie was having fun. Just look at that big head (15 1/2 inches) and the goofy smile on it! She had no idea what was coming!


We took off her clothes and they measured her. She is 24 inches long (grown 3 inches since birth) and in the 90th percentile! She's long!


Then they weighed her. She weighed in at 11.9 pounds, in the 75th percentile. She's a big girl! And still happy at this point.


Here is our ominous before picture. So happy...


Then the oral vaccine. I started to give it to her and she gave me a look like "Ugh, this is the worst thing I've ever tasted!" First I gave her too much and it dribbled out of her mouth. Then she spit some out. Then, when it was almost empty, she decided she hated it and spit it up. Then I spilled some on my hand. Yeah, I don't think she got that vaccine. :) The nurse didn't seem too worried though. She said she'd get another one at her four and six month check-up.


Then... three shots! It was the worst!


Here is our after picture. Neither of us will ever be the same again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I have that to look forward to on the 26th!! Does'nt look like fun...