Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Spring break ‘23 - day #7

We packed everything but the cooler bag and spare truck keys and headed to say goodbye to uncle David and aunt Fran. 

We invited them to brekkie but they passed. I can’t imagine why. 😜 

It’s been fun getting to know them as a full grownup. 

We headed for one last brekkie at The Flying Biscuit. I got the stuffed French toast again because it was sooo good!

Just a papa and his goofy girdles. 

V goofy. 

We had a perfect sunny and warm spring break. 

We got going and about 15 minutes in we got a call that we’d forgotten our cooler bag. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ I drove a lot that week and really didn’t want to drive back, but it was full of snacks that papa would never eat, so we did. Blah! I wish we had also grabbed the spare truck keys, but unfortunately we did not. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Anyway, a lighthouse! I love the first spotting! There she is down the middle of the road. 

I’ve wanted to climb this pretty lady for so long!

She’s the 7th tallest light in the US. I’ve climbed 4 of the 7 - Hatteras, Absecon, Cape Lookout, and St. Augustine. I still need Cape Charles, Ponce de Leon Inlet, and Fire Island. 

Anyway, we braved all 165 feet of her. 

Adi bailed halfway through, but then showed up at the top after all. 

We did a quick loop, got a few pics, and headed back down. That was high!

I❤️lighthouse steps. 



Frankie, who doesn’t always love tall rides, has no problem with tall lights. Go figure. 🀷‍♀️

I❤️lighthouse windows. 



Especially when they’re open and provide a nice breeze. Lighthouses get hot!

I❤️lighthouse pictures. 

We grabbed a few more shots from outside. 

I would have stayed longer, but we were spending the evening at aunt Darcie’s and I didn’t want to show up too late. And our snack bag had already cost us 30+ minutes. 

Since we were there, we had to check out the beach. 

We would have loved to swim! The water felt so good and the beach was crowded and fun. 

We settled for a few minutes and a bag of sand. 

The other direction. 

We finally headed to Darcie and Steve’s house in Jacksonville. Darcie and I took the girls swimming at their neighborhood pool and then she made us a delicious spaghetti dinner. 

When I stood up to get a picture I noticed I could see myself in the mirror. So I got to be in this one too. 

I know I keep saying it, but it was really great to get to know Darcie and Steve as a grown up too. We haven’t spent really any time with them as adults, so it’s been a real blessing. And they loved chatting with the girls! They told me several times what great kids we have.They were the best hosts and we’re hoping they’ll finally make it to DC like they’ve been talking about for years!





No comments: