Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Of zoos and motorcycles

My running series. 

While I ran, the girls worked on their Mario cart skills. 

Bubba came home for lunch and took Frankie and D out for a ride on his motorcycle. 

Delaney shocked the heck out of me when she agreed to take a ride. She hasn’t ridden a bicycle since she got hit by a bike walking home from school in 4th grade. It was just one bike crash too many. 

Adi saw me taking pictures and expertly photo bombed. 

Yay! It was a short ride, but we’ll take what we can get. 

We followed Christian to the MWR to check out their deals and sent this to Matt. Maybe we’ll come up and ski this winter. 

We picked up a few necessities, read toothbrushes for 1/2 of us, and then ate lunch at home. 

Then it was time for their little zoo. Small zoo with a big birds nest. 

They have a fire tower that 4 people can climb at a time, so C, A, F, and D climbed, then J and I took our turn and F and D climbed again. I found this on my phone after. 

Adi also grabbed a pic of us climbing. 

It was a little sketchy, but did we die? 

It was a little hot right in the sun, but not bad at all. Low 80°’s. 

Delaney was “dying” without water. Also + sweatshirt. 🤷‍♀️

My favorite thing of the day was the butterfly garden. Beautiful flowers and butterflies, plus shady coolness. Delaney really wanted one to land on her, so we spent some time in there. 

I’m one of these Delaney has her eyes closed. 

And in one jeanne does. It was bright. 🤷‍♀️

We stopped by the river and checked out the whitewater rapids. 

And skipped some rocks. 



We headed home and jeanne made a delicious chicken and roasted potato dinner. Noting differences in visiting sons homes is that I cook at Lexi’s and, so far, jeanne has cooked here. Both are totally fine, just different. Mother-in-lawing can be tricky and I want to get it right. I think so far we’re so good. 

We attempted pool time after dinner, but their pool closed at 7:00, so we watched a movie and took showers. Tomorrow is Mountainfest, so even Christian doesn’t have to work. Party!

No comments: