Thursday, June 22, 2023

Mountain fest

I went lighthousing this morning!

First stop - Ogdensburg Harbor Lighthouse. 1 hour and 4 minutes from bubba’s house and right across the St. Lawrence River from Canada. 

I even got a welcome to Canada message from T-Mobile. 😂

The light is a private residence, but it’s attached to a park with a walking trail and then a little bit of waterfront where I found sea glass beach! There were some beautiful dark blue pieces, but they weren’t quite sea glassed enough yet. I took a small handful home with me. 

Canada over yonder!

I even got to see Windmill Point Lighthouse in Ontario. 

One last shot of Ogdensburg from the car.

Next up was Crossover Island Lighthouse. 

I walked a few steps into this driveway to get a shot and the homeowner came home, rolled down his window, and said “head on to the backyard and get a better shot!” He totally made my day! He happened to be the caretaker of that lighthouse for 15 years, so it makes sense. Lighthouse lovers always understand each other. ❤️😂

So adorable. This is the 1000 Islands region, and I would love to explore them all with a boat!

Just a girl in a strangers backyard loving on some lighthouses. 

I tried to spy Sisters Island Lighthouse, but it’s closer to the Canadian side, and there’s a bigger island between the mainland and Sisters Island, so I couldn’t see it. I did find these adorable campground cabins with this killer view. The cabin renters were a v friendly lot too. 

She’s just on the other side of this island. 

You can see a cute cabin on the right. 

Finally, Sunken Rock Lighthouse in adorable Alexandria Bay. 

Cutest marina and town and boat owners lunching on their boats. 

Also Boldt Castle! Lots of millionaires built houses on the 1000 Islands. 

❤️❤️❤️

I love a town with some pride in itself!

I got home and ate some lunch and then it was off to Mountain Fest!

Delaney and Frankie raced through this bounce house obstacle course, then jeanne and adi raced through. Later, Delaney and bubba raced (Delaney won both times) and Frankie and I raced. Adi won and then Frankie won. That was tough and exhausting! And also fun!

We got to check out the army’s fleet of helicopters. 

Raptors and Chinooks and another one…

Frankie and Delaney climbed in all of them and learned about all the controls and specs. 

I can’t even imagine piloting (or even wanting to pilot) one of these!

I spy a bubba head right in the middle. 😂

Then we walked around all the tents and played games and collected free swag. I talked to the girls before we did and continued on my forever crusade against unnecessary junk, so they only took what they really wanted/needed. 

Chapsticks, foam finger, backpack, stress ball, keychains, shades, and candy. There were 2 times D asked me to spin the wheel and both times I got her what she wanted. 👏🏼 

We are pink tacos and elote for lunch and then went for our 2nd races through the obstacle bounce house. 

Around 5:00, we all left for a bit. Us to go home and swim and shower, bubs and jeanne to buy some lawn chairs and stake out a good spot for the concert. 

It was the girls first concert! They were cute and said “well, we’ve been to the River Concert!” Not the same, sweet girls. 

We saw Gabby Barrett of American Idol fame, I guess? She mostly did covers of songs, and those are always fun. 

It had cooled down and was really a lovely evening. We were all showered and ready for bed, D even wore her jams, but it was daej’ish, and also no one cares. 

Adi and Laney weren’t the biggest fans, but Frankie loved it and danced with Chris and Jeanne and some of their friends. It was v cute. 

After there were fireworks, our first of the 2023 4th of July season. We love fireworks! We got some fun pictures on Christian’s phone. 💥 another full New York day!

2 comments:

Lana said...

Looks like the best time!

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

So much fun, you should move to upstate New York!!