Thursday, June 8, 2023

Campfire all day, er’ry day

For field day 5th graders wore pink. I volunteered at the tug of war station and it was super fun. My last elementary school field day! So many bittersweet moments rolled up into this end of school year. 

Molly brought these lacrosse socks for their walking crew to wear and they were so fun!

Frankie’s tie dye sweater she made at YW turned out so cutely!

Adi and Frankie had a virtual day Friday. Adi went over to Lily’s and they went to Panera and shopping at Ross. They had a great time! Then Frankie had friends come over for the afternoon. They’ve been loving the sporadic virtual days. 

Saturday was Adi and Lexi’s birthday. I got up early to pick up donuts and some groceries. Matt worked, so it was a quiet morning. 

Adi wanted to go downtown and walk around the bookstore and the Old Field Market with F&D. 

We had FaceTimed Lu and the boys and she showed us Carter’s “school” pictures where he stuck his tongue out to the side in every single shot. πŸ˜‚ (d didn’t get the memo)

They showed me where to pick them up by sending this picture. πŸ˜‚

That afternoon we went to Jeffrey, Sean, Thayne, and Nerissa’s graduation party at the Ely’s. The girls had a blast playing on their zip line, the food was delicious, and it was so nice to visit with our ward family. And the weather has been so unseasonably cool and amazing, it was a perfect weather day. 

Adi requested another Yum Box subscription and we got to try treats from Taiwan. πŸ˜‹ 

She waited patiently all day for Matt to come home before opening her presents. 

I found some gifts I knew she would love, and it was fun to see her open them. Sometimes I’m stumped, so I always love when I have good ideas. 

Sarah and Abby brought over a birthday Crumble cookie from the YW. πŸͺ❤️

27 and 15! Lexi made a 15th birthday video for adi and we watched it together and I cried. I love looking at pictures and remembering how little everyone was. It was really sweet. 

After church on Sunday we took a walk and checked out the Epic Kids Book Swap that Laura always organizes for our neighborhood. We ❤️ books. 

Sunday evening we had Adi’s cake. I showed her my new fav cake blog and she chose a Butterbeer cake that was sooooo sweet and rich. 

Delaney danced as we sang happy birthday. πŸ˜‚

After piano on Monday we went for Adi’s birthday dinner at okada. 

It had been a long time since we’d been there and it was fun as ever, except very very slow so it made us late for the piano recital. 😬🀷‍♀️

Birthday girl!

These girls played beautifully, so much better than they did in December! Delaney put on her crooked shades after her performance and before she bowed. She’s going through the puberties and has quiet and loving her alone time lately, so I love seeing the pockets where she’s her old confident silly self. 

I’ve said it before, but Johnna is amazing and patient and we are so fortunate she’s taught all 5 of our crew piano. 

I arranged the kids for their group shot - i volunteered one year and now Johnna always asks me to. πŸ˜‚ Alecia came to see them too, which was so sweet and made the girls feel so special. ❤️

On Tuesday Alli and Tenkor came down for the day. It was also the 5th grade pool field trip, so Alli and I sat on the porch and cheered and waved our noise makers for them as they walked by. Delaney was excited to see us and shouted that she loved me, so that was another sweet baby bug moment. 

Alli ordered pizza for dinner and then we all went to see the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie. On our way home we stopped traffic on Three Notch to let this mama goose and her babies cross the road. Also, this was the first day I really noticed the smoky air and hazy sun from the Canadian forrest fires.  

I’ve been pulling out our dead shrubs up front and I’ve found more random pieces of trash mixed with the mulch than one would think would be under the shrubs. The most notable piece of trash being this dang confetti from New Year’s Eve 2021! The gift that keeps on giving. 😩

Wednesday was field day at the middle school. Jen, Ashley, Kristi and I rocked the snow cone station. We had quite the system and it was a fun day at the school. 

About an hour after Frankie and I got home they officially upgraded our smoky air quality to red flag status, so they cancelled all outdoor activities for the next 2 days. Which means, among other things, no 5th grade picnic at Duke. 😒 

It smells smoky and has been hazy and grey. My throat has hurt off and on and the girls have had off and on headaches. Today is supposed to be the worst, at least according to Justin Berk. 

The pool was closed yesterday and playing by ear today. It almost rained, which would have been nice, but no such luck. 

And finally, a pic from last weeks volunteer appreciation breakfast at Duke. 

Tomorrow is our last day and we’re so ready!


No comments: