Sunday, June 25, 2023

Home

Before we knew it it was Saturday and time to head home. We were all super tired because Friday was a long and late day. 

But we got up early, showered - the girls had to get the river off, and headed for one last brekkie at Meme’s. Super yummy and tasty! We had the best week and loved being B&J’s first visitors!

There was a long list of lighthouses I wanted to see, but I took 3 off my list because it would have added 2 hours and I was already adding several. 😬

Stoney Point is a private residence with “No trespassing” signs all over. 

I get not wanting strangers traipsing in your yard, but you live in a lighthouse, come on.

Looooove her!

This was 11:30 and it was so dark!



Next up was Salmon River. They rent this out as a B&B. 

I went in the marina building and they were selling passports so I asked if they have a stamp and they did! πŸŽ‰ Also a picture for my lighthouse wall. πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Then Oswego West Pierhead. She’s so cute, do you see her out there at the end of the jetty?

No? You don’t? I didn’t either. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ We drove all the way out there and it was juuuust foggy enough to not be able to see. Booooo. 

This is what she looks like on a clear day. 

Finally, our last 2 lights - Sodus Bay, which we were able to climb. 



And Sodus Bay Outer light, which we could have walked out to, but wasn’t open. I would have loved to walk out there, but it was already 2:00, we’d left Meme’s at 10:30, and we were only 30 minutes closer to home. πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚

I have no regrets. Ok, one regret. I wish I would have done some research and seen some lights on our drive up. But maybe we’ll go back. 

Here’s the outer light from the tower. 

And a fresnel lens in the bright bright sun. 

I could kiss her. 

They had a cute scavenger hunt here too that all the girls did. 

They loved lighthousing with me, although they were pretty surprised when I said we still had 7 hours and 20 minutes left to drive after we left this guy. 

We picked up a late lunch/early dinner around 3:30, then only stopped one more time for gas and potty’s. 

We made excellent time and only got slowed down once on 295 and it wasn’t stopped traffic, so I call that a win. 

We listened to an Adi book and it was an easy, beautiful, and enjoyable ride. 

We got home just before 10:00 and got the car unloaded and I got my suitcase unloaded. I had stake council at 7:00, but I had a hard time sleeping - too much Mountain Dew to help me stay awake but it kept me awake too long after we got home. 

Anyway, it was a great trip and I’m so glad we made it happen!

No comments: