Saturday, December 29, 2018

Family pics

I finally did a dreaded job yesterday morning. I finally submitted all the estimates for the basement flood. Two contractor estimates, our vanity and faucet, and our damaged goods. It took several hours and wasn’t fun. It was one of those anxiety inducing things that I put off for a long time, and I’m so glad it’s done. Here’s our sweet family picture canvas that was destroyed. It was on the ground in Bubba’s room with everything else from the walls of the upstairs. 

Have I posted a picture of our new basement  bathroom? I love the tile (and it was on clearance!) and toilet and the vanity is ok. It’s pretty, but super lightweight and flimsy. 

I’d like to say it’s almost done, but I made a list of all the things it still needs and it was a long list. 😂 

Matt’s been working Navy stuff on his CWS’s, but he was released super early yesterday, so Lu and I were able to have a girls day. We did some shopping and saw J Lo’s new movie. It was so funny and cute, and seeing J Lo reminds me of being in my early 20’s when she was first popular. 

It was fun to hang out with Lex one on one. She’s good stuff. 

And so is this little weirdo. 

I bought stuff to organize under the kitchen sink and I think I really like it. I heart organizing. 

When I got home Addie and Matt were removing carpet and staples from the stairs. 

Working together. 

This morning we were finally able to get our family pictures taken. I reached out to a new photographer since Jodie moved, and then realized we had one day we could do them and only a few hour window to do it. Thankfully all the stars (just barely) aligned and we all met up at Dorsey park this morning. 

We did a 30 minute mini session and we had a long talk with the girls beforehand where they agreed to be super helpful and cooperative and then we’d go to Sweet Frog as a reward. We rocked it! Everyone posed easily and quickly and we got in there and got it done!

It rained all day yesterday and it was super muddy, but thankfully no one fell! (though we had a few stumblings) I took a few pics while we waited. 

Frankie requested this shot after the session. I think it’s pretty cute! What a crew. 💕

After the pics it was time to say goodbye to Lexi. These two kids. Love them so. 
Turns out Sweet Frog doesn’t open till noon, so we went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a bookcase for Frankie. She was stoked and loves her room! She and Laney also bought signs for their walls. I would way rather have them buy decorations than toys. We saw this display of Route 66 signs and Frankie wanted to send this to papa. So cute. 

Finally Sweer Frog opened and all were rewarded properly. 

And cookie dough balls are delicious. 

Haley sent me some sneak peeks and me likey. I love family pictures, I only wish Cade could have been here. Next year. 

We’ve worked around the house all day and prepared for Sunday. It’s been a good day. 

No comments: