Sunday, December 23, 2018

Notes and bonus kids

Delaney created a petting zoo and posted signs all over her room. I loooove little kid signs! “Inployez”? Forget about it, so cute. 

Rules are important! My fav is “do not bend horns.”

Bad mom move - I was “too busy” (and also grumpy) to see it while it was open. :( I always have room for improvement!

Even though it was closed she still tended her animals. 
Addie had been begging to go to the library all day, even though we were there on Monday, and I finally took her while our white chicken chili simmered. She found the Swallows and Amazons movie and everyone was super stoked to watch it! Sadly, they changed so much of the story that the first few minutes I wasn’t even sure it was the right book because it’s a series. Why, oh why do they change movies so much? 

The Dorn’s served WARM dinner, so we watched Bryn early, and then after that the boys came over to spend the night, since Chelsea and Steve were monitoring from 12-3. The kids were sups cray-cray. Bryn wanted Frankie to hold her and Franks wasn’t into it until I told her to hold Bryn as a baby, then she was like, ok, but you gotta be a baby, and this you can see the struggle in this pic. 

D was the only little with me and out of the fray. 

We put the 4 girls into Laney’s room and the 2 boys into addies room and left Frankie’s room free for Alexis! After bed Matt and I noticed this note that Lanes must have forgotten was on her door. That girl. 😂

Since Lexi made it to Baltimore just after midnight (Ami picked her up, yay!) and got home just after 2am, Matt and I signed up to monitor WARM from 3-7. It’s such a blessing and such a spiritual experience, and I’m so grateful for the opportunity. They have a quote on the bottom of their rules sheet that says:

“It is in the shelter of each other that people live.” 

1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

Ka-Wow!! Busy life. Delaney's Petting Zoo sounds like it was fun. I have to admit, I am always tempted to bend the horns . . . just a bit. Good to know the rules.

Glad to hear the family is coming together for Christmas. Have a wonderful celebration.